[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Tribes Ascend Conversion Pack v1.0
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Tribes Ascend Conversion Pack v1.0 

Post Tribes Ascend Conversion Pack v1.0
Downloads:
1.40 Edition: http://theexiled.pwnageservers.com/file ... n_v1.0.rar ~54 mb
Non-Hudbot Edition: http://theexiled.pwnageservers.com/file ... t_v1.0.rar ~5 mb

Pictures Here: http://theexiled.pwnageservers.com/foru ... 37&p=27947

================================
Tribes Ascend Conversion Pack
Tribes 1.40 Edition v1.0
================================

By: TE-Krogoth
email: tekrog@gmail.com

IMPORTANT!
==========
Do NOT change the names of the .png files or Tribes will crash when you use the model.
Choose only ONE flag and only ONE flag stand.
Choose only ONE grenade.
Choose only ONE spinfusor.

Instructions:
=============
Move all the .dts and .png files into your Base folder. (ie C:\Dynamix\TRIBES\Base)
If you use the shotgun, move ALL of the .png files, it needs all of them, it is not a customization choice.

I have included a file called Model List.txt, it lists the names of the models used in Tribes, in case you want to use them for something other than what I named them.

Team Based Skins:
=================
The flags and flag stands support skins for each team. I only provide skins for Base and the team the flag/flag stand belongs to.
The armors support skins for each team. I only provide skins for Base and Blood Eagle.

Multiple Skins:
===============
The grenades come with different skins to pick from. Tribes will recognize only "frag.png", "impact.png", and "stickygren.png" so if you want to use one of the other skins, just rename it.
The medium spinfusor comes with two skins to pick from. Tribes will recognize only "TA_spinfusor_med.png", so if you want to use the green one, just rename it.

Known Issues / Notes:
=====================
The discs do not spin on the spinfusors. I don't know how to get them to spin, I tried.
One of the spinfusors twitches. I have no idea why.
You can walk through the generator if you host a server with it. I don't know how to get collision models set up correctly, I tried.

There are no Diamond Sword armors included. I started working on them, but the proportions are not correct. When I started to adjust them to work with the bones for the armors, they started looking really weird and deformed. So, no dsword, sorry.

Models Inlcuded:
================
Ammo Drop
AP Mine
Blood Eagle Armors - All
Blood Eagle Flag
Blood Eagle Flag Stand
Blood Eagle Katar
Chaingun
Diamond Sword Flag
Diamond Sword Flag Stand
Diamond Sword Sword
Disc
Flare Grenade
ForceField 5x5
Frag Grenade
Generator
Grenade Launcher
Havok
Impact Grenade
Inventory
Mortar
Phase Rifle
Portable Generator
Pulse Sensor - Medium
Shotgun
Shrike
Sniper Rifle
Spinfusor - Heavy
Spinfusor - Light
Spinfusor - Medium
Sticky Grenade
Targeting Laser
Thumper
Vehicle Mine
Vehicle Station

Special Thanks To:
==================
Whoever leaked the Alpha files.

Programs Used:
==============
3DS Max 2.5
3DS Max 2011
PhotoShop CS5
umodel (extractor program)

If you would like to learn to make your own models/skins, please look here: http://theexiled.pwnageservers.com/file ... ctions.pdf

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me.

(C) Copyright The Exiled 2004-2011.
(C) Copyright Dynamix 1998-2011.
(C) Copyright Vivendi Games 1993-2011.
(C) Copyright Sierra 1979-2011.
(C) Copyright Hi-Rez Studios 2005-2011.

DISCLAIMER: Copyright Disclaimer "Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use"

For a more complete experience, try combining these models with Many Lith's Tribes Ascend config: http://library.theexiled.pwnageservers. ... hp?id=2891

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
The Angel of Death

Post Re: Tribes Ascend Conversion Pack v1.0
:jawdropsmiley: holy crap dude. that is some nice work.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 pm

when you use the medium disk, and point the disk straight up or straight down and shoot, the disk flies in the wrong direction. I don't know if the others do that too.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:50 pm
Crow{OZ}

Very nice stuff man. One thing I think that could use some editing. The guns seems a bit small in my hands (1600x900). If you were to make them a little bigger, and bring them back just a little, I think it would make the guns a little more Tribes friendly. The ones I've tested so far are the light and med disc, shotgun, and the thumper. They all seemed to be pushed forward a little on my resolution.

If it were to look something like that in the corner of my screen, and pushed back just to where the ammo screen is closer to the corner, I would like it just a little more!! :D

Great work on all of them though. Very cool stuff!!

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:38 pm
the mack.

very nice krog

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:06 pm
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Time to make more skins.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Crow{OZ}

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:49 am
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm having the same problems with all the disc launchers... And also, is there any difference at all in ascend with the female and male models? They look identical. If theres no difference I'm going to use the female versions for all of them as the male ones have strange leg detaching bugs. Good work though as always Krog.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm
Crow{OZ}

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:08 pm

The disc launchers should only do that if you host with them. If you join a server, it should fire normally.

There's nothing I can do about the light male's jetting, that's something I can't fix, it's supplied by Dynamix, but they sent a faulty file. There's no way to edit the file for the jet animation, or re-create it.

There aren't any female armors in T:A, so I just used the male armors. I suppose I could set it up so they pull different named skins. The armors are slightly different between male and female, I didn't just rename the male to female. The female is slightly smaller. I'm not sure if you can do that without having Tribes crash, it depends if the female armor has the exact same animations as the male.

Unless there's some serious issue, I'm not going to mess with them right away. I'm working on a character rig at the moment, and it's rather involved, so maybe after I finish it.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Heres skins for the 4 major teams. Since there is no difference between the models other than how they stand I chose the versions of each model I felt looked the best and used them for both genders. Male for medium armor and female for light. I have not had any problems with the game crashing due to this.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 pm
Da Je$u$

dewy i will love you forever if you can hook me up with my name on the top left like that, ill give you my config if its easier. 1.40 i use

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:18 pm
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That whole hud is part of the name. The face included. I can do a picture of Jesus if you want with it. The face takes damage as you do... like in Doom.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Could you possibly give me a hint as to where I can find these raw leaked Ascend models, otherwise I'd be willing to just work with the models you've provided, but I'm having trouble finding anything to convert DTS to something usable.
Thanks.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next