[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - whimpy
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
whimpy 

Post whimpy
does anyone know who this guy is ? he showed up about three weeks ago and started playing in br. he believes himself to be the best tribes player that ever lived and his ip serch is bleek at best. he loves to whine and cry about everything. and says he's been playing for 8 years. one name that comes up close to his ip is natt dog, I know its not him, but he tries to get everyone to believe he is some sort of tribes legend. believe me , Ive seen him play, he's not all that . I threw down my best scrim defence one day and he was stopped cold. so basicaly, I was wondering if anyone here knows who this guy really is ?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm
Invo-Glitcher

Post Re: whimpy

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 pm
Profile YIM
Dopesmoker{OZ}

It's Jerry isn't it?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:59 pm
I like pi.

Yeah, I remember Nate Dogg from years ago... He has in fact been playing since 8 years ago, but considering I haven't seen him in years, I wouldn't say he's been playing for 8 years.

He's not terrible, but he also doesn't have nearly enough experience to know how to get past defenses built with a pitchfork.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dopesmoker{OZ}

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 am

Yes Dope, it's me. I will answer so you don't have to talk to yourself. :lol:

Here's the deal. I am fed up as fuck with tribes. The br server seems to be the only polulated server and is a zoo that has become no fun to play in. As many of you know, I am not the most liked player in this game. As a result, I am constantly harassed by players like tomato, firelord, seed injector, etc., who's lives are miserable and their only goal is to make others as miserable as they are.

I tried to play under alias, but they recognized me from my ip and would still just constantly harass me in game. So, I quit for a couple months because it lost its fun. I have been house sitting for a buddy for the last 2 weeks, so I thought I could try a fresh start, and just play, under a new name and ip, and not be fucked with. Unfortunately, that did work. I came back to see it worse than ever. I personally caught firelord global invoing at least a dozen times, have been the victim of the guys who go around sinking blastwalls, boosting, local spamming, and all the other annoying tricks they know. My problem with you Bo is that I personally asked you for help, as an admin, at least 30 times. You did nothing, ever! In fact your most common response was telling me to watch my language. One time when you wouldn't kick firelord I said, "Fine, I guess I will just global invo too then." You replied, "Go ahead, I will ban you." WTF??, be consistent, so firelord can cheat but not me?

Now, I understand part of my problem is that I was expecting the respect I have earned through my legitimate, honest play, without telling you who I am. So for that, I apologize because I understand I had unreal expectations. However, imagine that I were a new player. I install tribes, start to play, and just get screwed with the entire time, with the admins doing nothing despite asking multiple times for help. I would just leave, and say that game sucked, and never play again. This is a huge problem for a dying game that I, and many of you, love. Everyone needs to understand the difference between a noob and an asshole. The noob is in the way because they don't know any better. They need taught what are the appropriate and most effective ways to play, like all of us at one point needed. The asshole knows what they are doing, and is intentionally being as big of a nuisance as possible. Many times they know what the admins will see and what they will not, ie, shooting your turret themselves vs sinking your blastwalls so the defences will be easily killed by the enemy. Now, the noobs need taught and the assholes just frankly need to be removed from the community, the servers, all of it. They are ruining this game for the people who love it.
I saw firelord said he does it cause he's bored. That is the problem! These kids have no lives, and just want to fuck with people cause they have nothing better to do. I play this game cause I have some free time and I love it, not because I'm bored because my life sucks. I play honest, hard, and legit, I have never cheated, glitched, or used any other cheap tactic to gain an advantage. Hell, I don't even use chameleon because I think it is such an unfair armor.

Everyone seems so scared to ban these guys because they don't want to lower the player base that is almost dead. Unfotunately, that is counter productive. More people are leaving this game and not coming back because of the problems, and we will never get anyone to love this game like we do with this kind of shit constantly going on. Basically, you have to break a few eggs to make an omlet.

Bo, I have always liked you, so I am open to tryin to work this out. I am not denying I became a dick to you, but I was just so angry and fed up. I am sorry that it has come to this between us, because I know you are a good guy and have good intentions. However, I cannot believe you just sat by while I repeatedly asked for your help, from know trouble makers, and instead of helping you just threated me. I'd like to resolve this, and do whatever I can to help get things back to where everyone can have fun in the server, but if you want to just go our seperate ways, I understand and wish you the best of luck.

While most of the different clan leaders respect me, whether they actually like me or not I'm not sure, I do not have the protection that being in a clan offers. While that was my choice to never join a clan, I do not deserve to be hassled, because I have no intention other helping my team kick as much ass as possible.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 am
Dopesmoker{OZ}

Good post dude.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 am
Anti's Antics

do i have to read all that? :doh:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:47 pm
Invo-Glitcher

poor jerry doesn't know what to do with all his emotions

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
Anti's Antics

yes, u guys take this game to seriously, just mute sumone, dont VOTE to mute them, just mute them by urself, can u do that?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:33 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 pm
I like pi.

The problem is that banning people like firelord is worthless... Specifically in the BR server... I've personally banned him several times in one day before. His IP changes and he returns in seconds... He doesn't care. He continues to be a dick. On top of that, I don't think the ban option actually works in BR, I think it's more like a 5 second kick. In fact, he acts worse if you ban him, so it's better to simply ignore him.

I've given up trying to fix that server. I've even given up being an admin in that server. I don't even play there anymore. Come join me in the OZ server or one of plas's servers sometime. You can't cheat there and the admins functions work.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dopesmoker{OZ}

When people circumvent kicks or bans and come right back I just freeze them, move them to obs and lock their team.
If they continue to act foolish I move on to leeting or muting.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:34 am
Anti's Antics

y do u guys write paragraphs of stuff..... and how is leeting a punishment??

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 am

Well I certainly hope noone, especially Bo, thinks I am calling him out. I simply am tryin to open a dialogue so that he and I can discuss these issues and resolve them. The only thing that will really piss me off is if we let a couple weeks of kids screwing around come between our years of friendship. I like Bo very much, and think he is a good person, admin, and player.

I was/am somewhat angry but chose my words very carefully out of respect for you Bo. If I wanted to call someone out I would have explained how Frank wanted to kick me several times for happymodding. :lol:

Again, the problem is that these trouble causers know once they get called out to stop the behavior because the admins are now observing them. Zorak, firelord was global invoing, but once I said it, I'm sure he stopped, so Bo was not able to actually obs him doing it. I assumed since he had been caught countless times before, I would be believed. What I got angry about was that he has been banned, and since he has dynamic ip, he just needs to be insta kicked every time, and that wasn't happening. For the record, I spoke to owner and he said he is not willing to ban his range in case others may be in it. However, he said he would not only allow, but request his admins kick firelord on sight every time. Feel free to check with him if anyone does not believe me.

Anti, you cannot mute someone who follows you around the entire mission locally spamming, "move out of the way." Not only does the sound get annoying, but running into someone every time you turn around sucks too. This person clearly is not there to participate in the gameplay, and is only interested in being as annoying as possible. These people should be kicked, since there is no solution to block their behavior.

I understand that my problem is that I'm already so fed up that each new infraction is like the straw that breaks the camels back, and I lose my cool, which I need to work on.

and firelord I know what to do with my emotions, I just don't know where to find you.
Now if you will excuse me, I drank way too much last night and have to go throw up again. :doh:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next