[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - OFFICAL OZ position on topic..
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
OFFICAL OZ position on topic.. 

Post OFFICAL OZ position on topic..
....I would like to know the official OZ standpoint on taking a Pitchfork into an enemy base and disrupting their D. Some players are for it some are againest it. I don`t want random "opion" on this subject. I want what is offical from the OZ clan.
It takes time and effort to setup D in your base as well as to maintain it. I`m opposed to taking a pitchfork into an enemy base. I feel it`s cheating, dishonorable and anyone caught should be auto-banned. I`m not going to spend 3/4 of the game setting and maint. D, just to have some punk come in and fuk it up cause they can`t fight their way past it. Again, only the offical OZ standpoint on this matter plz.

Tue May 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Post Re: OFFICAL OZ position on topic..
i can't wholly speak for the clan, but it is "an effective and acceptable form of offense".

Tue May 04, 2010 10:02 pm
I like pi.

If I see an {OZ} member punish a player for wrecking enemy defenses with any weapon or tool, I'll strip their admin.

/end debate. lol

Tue May 04, 2010 10:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
(=SK=) Anni Captain

I'd prefer there wasn't a pitchfork in the first place. But since there unfortunately is, it's completely fair game to use it against an enemy. I mean, fight your way past D now? Some people put several blast walls down on one set of turrets, and if they know what theyre doing, they'll put it in an effective spot to where enemies will get killed before they could do much damage to it. So even if you do end up killing a blast wall, theres still 4 left on top of the defense. It could take an entire map to take down one set of turrets without using the same cheap ass tool that made them near-indestructable in the first place by moving wall over wall and sinking them almost completely into the ground.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:47 am
Anti's Antics

WTF omfg that s2 guy.... yetserday he tried to kick a enemy for pitchforking his D, after 10 min of him being pissed, i started a vote to kick him and it passed.....

Wed May 05, 2010 5:41 am
Dopesmoker{OZ}

Me and S2 went over this a few days ago.

I think its perfectly acceptable nor until recently have I ever heard of
anyone having a problem with it.

Weld your D in place so it wont be bothered with.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:46 am

Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 am

Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 am

Wed May 05, 2010 9:11 am
I like pi.

No, I'm the admin of the server... The OZ clan doesn't own that server.

If you think destroying enemy defenses is against the rules, you are stupid.

The welding mode only prevents non-admin teammates from moving your barriers.

Anyone else can move your barriers anyway, enemies, admins, yourself... That's all allowed. Well, admins who are on your team aren't allowed to dis-assemble your defenses, unless they are blocking the entrance.

I sent BR Owner another update last night, he hasn't installed it yet. Now the pitchfork will automatically unweld barriers if the forker is the deployer of the barrier or an admin, and on the same team as the deployable... This means that if you were to deploy a wall, weld it, switch teams, and then move it, you'll be able to move it, but not unweld it. Also, the weapon help text now includes instructions for usage.

I also modified the particlebeam to restore your energy if you change weapons while charging, and modified it's weapon help text as well.

I disabled the ability for people to initiate votes on themselves and I added a new admin message that tells you when muted players connect to the server.

And I removed the stupid energy pack booster thing that constantly causes me to spontaneously combust.

Wed May 05, 2010 10:44 am
Profile YIM WWW

Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 pm
Dopesmoker{OZ}

Wed May 05, 2010 12:44 pm
I like pi.

I dunno if you noticed, S2, but English is not BR Owner's strong suit. So yes, what HE writes IS open to my interpretation.

He wrote that there because people like Firelord and Tomato were frequently disassembling their teammate's defenses, then disconnecting prior to getting punished for it. That's how BR Owner stops people from fucking up the game... He simply demands it in a non-specific statement.

I, on the other hand, have been updating the mod on his server to prevent douche bags from doing things like this.

My latest solution, which was suggested to me by a ModX player who visits this forum, was to add a welding option to the pitchfork, that lets you lock your barriers in place to guard against teammates who wish to betray you. The enemy can still move your barriers around with the pitchfork, and so can admins (who need to be able to unlock teammate's barriers in case they are blocking entrances). I don't have access to the server's config, so I cannot change BR Owner's MOTD (message of the day).

As for the interpretation of blocking, it's really simple... If I block the entrance long enough to deploy some defenses and then move the wall that was blocking, I don't deserve to be punished... However, if I toss up several walls that are all blocking the entrance, especially if I block multiple entrances or the only entrance to the base... THAT is blocking, and should be punished.

As for liberals being removed from office... We didn't impeach Bush for lying to us about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction just so he could finish his daddy's war, and Obama sure as hell hasn't done anything worse than that.

Last edited by perrinoia on Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

oh and S2, going out the front broadside doors is not a solution to your base blocking the top doors

Wed May 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next