[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - So, I've got a problem with Presto and Vista.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
So, I've got a problem with Presto and Vista. 

Post So, I've got a problem with Presto and Vista.
So, I got back into Tribes yesterday, under the tag RossVernal. Anyway, I have a problem with Presto-enhanced Tribes and my Vista OS: namely, they don't work together.

I know HOW to put the exec(//install); thing in, that's not my problem.

My problem is that whenever I DO have that in my autoexec, Tribes crashes immediately. It gets up and running, then just dies as soon as everything appears, leaving my lappy locked until Windows gets its shit together and goes "gee, Tribes isn't responding, maybe you want to end it?" I've tried the Hudbot Vista fix, the mem.dll fix (which is also kinda the Hudbot fix), the T1 Vista patch, etc, etc. It just, does not work.

So:

1. Did you have this problem and how do you fix it?
2. Is there any way I could just get the chat and InvoHud to work independantly of all the other crap?
3. Does anyone remember the name of that one script that lets you autobuy and autodrop from a portable invo?
4. Alternate scripts?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:08 pm
Crow{OZ}

Post Re: So, I've got a problem with Presto and Vista.
its for sure a script problem the vista fixes would either work or not work not cause crashes due to scripts hmmm lets see what others think

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:20 pm
Dopesmoker{OZ}

Try a completely stock config see if it works, if you've not already tried that.

If that's the issue, start rebuilding.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 pm
Dopesmoker{OZ}

http://library.theexiled.pwnageservers. ... hp?id=2561

There's the dropper maybe, if not Krogoth and the TE guys have a ridiculous amount of files and I'm sure you can find it there.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:36 pm
I like pi.

Yeah, it's probably a script problem, I'd do what Crow suggested and start from scratch, reinstalling scripts one at a time.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:12 am
Profile YIM WWW

Well, I'm far, far too lazy to try to install each Presto script one by one, so I'll just... not do that.

Damnit.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 am
Crow{OZ}

its doesnt take long bro took me one day to build the config i use now presto and newopts are real easy to install in fact most scripts are too just add the line to autoexec and maybe some key bind edits as well

ohh and are you using 1.11 or 1.40?

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:31 pm
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

How about just not using presto? You can just use scriptgl with hudbot for all your huds. Look up Vhud.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:46 pm

There's really only three things I want: the InvHud, so I don't just see blackness and auto turn around, the dropper script so I can lay actual D for a change, and having some chat or another would be cool. Everything else? Meh.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:18 pm
I like pi.

1.40 has all of that, except the dropper thing kinda sucks cause it only has options for repair packs, turrets and cameras I think...

Shouldn't be too hard to modify the dropper script though.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Kay, so I'm doing a fresh install, and I'll go from 1.0 to 1.4 directly. Maybe that'll work.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:40 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

1.4 isn't a patch, it's a whole new Tribes. You don't need to have an older copy installed, just download 1.40 and you'll be good to go.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah... well, it's done, anyway, and is everything I was looking for.

Thanks, guys!

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:09 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

Nice, see ya in game

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:26 pm

the script to auto buy is fast fav's, you should post this in <!> forums. the guys that run exciled come in there alot and post, they know how to fix all this crap and they have all the files for tribes. www.pushbiscuit.info and then go to the forums section and post it under general. or send a private message to nox wisard or krogoth. they are always willing to help out. you might even find what your looking for in our grafix section and also you find a link to exciled files there too.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next