[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - 1.40 behavior
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
1.40 behavior 

Post 1.40 behavior
So I'm trying to migrate to 1.40. Way better graphics btw.
Couple issues
I play with a mildly modified keyboard layout. I make my changes and play. Next time I load up the app...several of the keys are something else again (but not all).

I'm using the Tribes 1.40_Legendz Configv2.0. When I make my favs in LoOz for instance leave the server and go back in, they are all gone. Oh and how do I get auto buy loadout configured?

Running xp/sp3 on a lappy. 128mb intel GMA video, 3GB RAM. Old 1.30 tribes, never had a crash. Had 4 in the matter of 30m. Event logs poke at fault address 0x001464f3 in the tribes.exe. Any idea? I’m playing with compatibility mode right now I’ll let you know.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:42 pm
Crow{OZ}

Post Re: 1.40 behavior
1.40 is a bit buggy on the server refresh screen, and it will crash from time to time there. The fix is to restart tribes everytime before you refresh the servers. As for the KeyBinds, there are a lot of binds changed in the config folder. I plan to make a future update real soon, and in this update it will have all custom scripts in the options menu. Bassicly in the future update it will enable the user to change every key in the stock Tribes GUI for options.

Two things you could do before i get that update out is, take a look in "autoexec.cs" and see what files are getting loaded, so you can take a look in the files and edit the binds there. Another option is to download the stock Tribes 1.40.655, and just use that, as you should be able to change all custom binds your self in the options gui.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Run in window whenever not in game to not get in a GFX freeze.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:00 pm

the autoexec.cs is exactly what you've posted in Tribes 1.40_Legendz Configv2.0.
Thanks for the refresh heads up and the windowed advice.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:33 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

I haven'd had an issue that needed me to put it in windowed mode at all. And my 1.40 does, but rarely does, freeze on the server screen. This tends to happen when a server crashes, and I exit out, and then click refresh servers. I don't really ever have problems with that in any other situation. I run stock 1.40. Crow's got a link to that download next to the Legendz config in his DL section. You may want to try that. I run stock 1.40, changed a couple keybinds to my preference, left a couple that have now grown on me, and I wouldn't go back to 1.11 ever lol. New tribes, but same tribes :). I love it.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:37 am
Spicy Indian Curry

Well, 1.40 has never crashed for me in game, but there is this bug. Sometimes when i try to access the Options tab to change the zoom (after pressing Esc), the game freezes and eventually crashes. Apart from that I've had no problem
I downloaded Crow's setup and i had 2 problems
1) I get low fps coz his skins are modified thus they need a better gfx card
2) I cant run his setup on low graphic detail, coz they fog level goes up so high that i cant see anything. If i put it on high, i get 5-10 fps and i cant play.
I commend you for the fabulous work on your config, but it ain't suitable with my hardware.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:56 am

Also a bug, clicking options menu at all after game has started will ruin the sound until you reset tribes.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:59 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

Never had that problem either.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:33 pm
Crow{OZ}

Ya the only bug I have found is the "Refresh Serverlist" bug, other than that maybe a few missing maps here and there.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:44 am
TLS Founder

Uploaded with

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:04 am

what FPS you guys typically getting?

I get 27-32 on average

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:27 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain