[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Why am I banned?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Why am I banned? 

Post Why am I banned?
Hi all,

I tried to get on the land of Oz server tonight and was told I was banned on this server. What gives? I was allowed on day before yesterday with no problems. I didn't BK, TK and I'm running LastHope so HM can't be the issue. There was an HA Mr. Fixit there giving me grief about us having similar names, but I didn't get into with him even though he was trying to TK me. S2Minute was there and can tell you what went on if you need an independent witness.

So why the ban?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Post Re: Why am I banned?
probably because you were banned from Br for HM. OZ server has the same ban files as BR
http://z6.invisionfree.com/brazilbrserv ... wtopic=692

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 pm

for happy modding im sure. :naughty: it was the day you hm me while bosdad was obs-n you vgx

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 pm
Awesomest Ever

Yeah you never attempted to hide the fact that you used HM. Every time I'd take the flag you'd be spawn rushing to me over a hill.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Ahh,the old HM witch hunt again.

It's actually real easy to catch some people. They don't believe that they're very predictable and always hide in the same place or take the same route. Guys, on a well-known map like Broadside, it's real easy to get into single-user mode and literally pace off the distances and angles to all the places where people hide and snipe and nuke spam from. Then in a real game, when you're being o-sniped, nuke-spammed, missile spammed and such, you just set a waypoint on those locations and fly there blind, firing on the bearing. When you start hitting the o-sniper or nuke spammer, you get a click in your speakers, so you keep firing on the bearing with the clicks. If the clicks stop, shift your aim until te clicks start up again. Next thing you know, you've killed the guy out of the fog before he can ever see you (and he screams HM to his mommy).

Similar deal to catching flag runners. Set mines in some of the routes back to the enemy base. If you hear clicks after a cap, go to where the mines were. If not, go to where you don't have mines. Either way, more often than not you catch a predictable runner (and he screams HM to his mommy).

A good way to learn the enemy tricks is to stay in dead mode when you get killed and look around. You don't show up on the screen as an observer, but you can watch everything that goes on around you, such as the placement of lasers, or where the guy who just killed you goes to hide. Set a waypoint and attack out of the fog.

So no HM needed, just some tricks which I've just shared with everyone. They use up lots of ammo and don't work when playing something other than Broadside or the other 3 maps they used to play on BR. I wanted to explain this to bosdad, but he just kept banning and kicking me without listening. Feel sorry for Bo.

Anyway, whether the admins want to believe me or not about how fog attacks work, I'm running LastHope 1.30, so if the HM witchhunt is the reason I've been banned, I'd appreciate an unban since there's no question of HM now.

Later,

Fixit

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 am

:violin: you had time to get last hope, like everyone else. then you would still be playing. :violin:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 am

Read more carefully, Beavis. I do have LastHope and I can play just fine on the BR server (I was on there last night pacing out distances and angles on the new maps). It's the OZ server that's got me banned for some reason. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:36 am

Seeing the <>< in a name pisses me off in general. It is for the best.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:25 am

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:47 am
(=SK=) Anni Captain

Last edited by (=SK=)Zorak on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:59 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

Whoopsie, double post

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Well, if someone tells me which version is the socially acceptable one that it takes to appease the HM witch hunters and where to download it from, I'll happily use that version if that's what it takes.

BTW, thought I saw Bosdad once say that he had a way of detecting the 1.30 bypass which is why he didn't want to switch to 1.40.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:28 pm
Crow{OZ}

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

fixit who do you think your fooling with all that mine crap,shoot through the fog at your mine you set roflmao.how long did you sit to come up with that jiberish. :liar:

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next