[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Tips and Shit
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Tips and Shit 

Post Tips and Shit
Things to keep in mind:

1. Communicate
2. Chasers, if enemy flag is returned focus on grabbing and not chasing. Hard to lose when we always have flag.
3. Cappers stay close to flag.
4. Stay Positive :dance:
5. Clear damn campers.

Add to list so we get over our problems as a team.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Post Re: Tips and Shit
Piss of Matin. He gets riled up so easily. Trash talk him.

When he loses his first match, I think there's a 50/50 chance he quits. Certainly if we crush his team. Not that I want him to quit, I don't, he's just the best player not on our team.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:21 pm

This should be basic information or irrelevant depending how this mod is played... but in case someone doesn't know.
Cappers:

1) If you don't have flag, don't ask flag holder if they want beacons - focus on clearing campers 100%
2) If you go to grab flag and our teams flag is secure - don't grab flag if your health is below mid... clear for second capper - I know there is chance that you can grab and get back, but its safer to let teamate take it with full health while you distract chasers.
3) Listen to commands of other capper, don't assume things. (Get the enemy flag means get to flag as fast as possible, but dont fuck up receiving pass) (Can anyone bring me some ammo, should be used sparingly in this mod I am thinking, as 5 beacons is quite a lot)
4) If you can't get to flag within 6-8 seconds of flag return, it is likely you are either too far from base or low on health without beacons - look for pass, don't be a hero.

Camping:

1) When both flags are secure, try to clear chasers for the cappers - please.
2) Do your best to dodge and distract... camping isn't all about hiding. Sometimes pulling the second capper far enough away distracts them long enough for teammates to return flag.
3) Fuck up flag passes, try and get returns. If you have to sacrifice a camp in order to get a return, take the return! Returning it brings the flag back home where it can be secured again - 2 cappers will be in position to grab after your return anyway.

Chasing:

1) If flag carrier is killed, take a quick look around before returning - if you can hold flag out in field - it is a good thing. This gives your team time to secure base and maybe get team flag carrier ready to cap.
2) MINE DISC/DISC THE STAND - think about it... if enemy is flying in, 2 chasers with good timing can get a disc into flag each. This is usually enough to kill or badly wound enemy. If we get 2 chasers that are good at this, it is very deadly.
3) Fuck your score, get the return. If flag is dropped, drop your gun go return - stop shooting at that fucking idiot who missed the pass.
4) If you see that the enemy is about to pass, change your target to who he's passing to unless he is extremely low on health and a death could fuck up the pass early.
5) Like impulse said, if your camper is out of position - focus on grabbing flag. It's usually best to let camper get a shot at the grab first, so your not grabbing with low health and just delaying the inevitable.

I missed a lot, I'm tired. Hope some of this helps at least..

gg's, play hard, we win.

vert-

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Chasing:
- It is more important to body block than just throw mines down. Once they are blocked then throw a mine, but if everyone spams mines then they will send the suicide camper, suicide capper, then the third capper will get a clean grab with all of the beacons.
- When facing people that constantly pass like Matin and such there needs to be a lot of pressure. The passer needs to ALWAYS be pressured, he should NEVER be able to grab the flag with full health.
- On larger maps like CC it might be a good idea to have one chaser following the flag and having the other primarily fuck up the passer with the camper. Most flag returns during chasing are right after we have grabbed their flag and their tempo is messed up from trying to capture.

Camping:
- Over anything Get that flag if it is returned...I mean within a second you should have that flag
- Fuck up passes, but more importantly get that flag....

Capping:
- Short passes, short passes, short passes Remember Annihilaiton is nearly 3X's as fast as Ren sometimes, I know Vert said be able to cap with 6-8 secs after return..But I say if it is a smaller map, 3-4 seconds.
- Become so familiar with your partner that you ALMOST would not even have to ask for a target...By all means communicate as much as possible.
- Go in the server and practice your passing, it should be lock tight. Smooth.
- There should never be moments of miscommunication NEVER.
- A capper always needs to cover the camper. If we have to explain EXACTLY how we are going to do this
- Watch the chasers and what is going on sometimes, this is good for the capper clearing.
- Go over the moments where you partner needs to grab from the flagstand or when the capper needs to purposely let them instantly return the flag in midair so we can grab and fuck up their capping route rotation

Other ideas:
- There is no way that we should ever be in the server before a match starts trying to come up with strategy. This is during our practice time and on our forum
- Everyone can be a strong player, but only with whatever they are comfortable at.
- Never, never, never, never panic. If something happens keep your cool. People make mistakes we are always into the game until the clock runs out
- With that in mind, keep 100% focus until the clock runs out. Ever second counts during these matches.

People that are doing some positions might want to modify their chat scripts for certain keys like.

Camping
"I am camping at their Flagstand"
"We need a camper at their Flagstand"

Capping
"Come back" - can change the text of vve "regroup"
"need ammo now"
"come get flag from me"
"camper at base"

Chasing
"hit the partner"
" I'm on it" can replace the acknowleged command or objective completed

Give all the suggestions. Everything that you have ever thought about in a match ask or post notes and we can all discuss it.

Never forget how fast paced this mod can be, never ever let up on someone

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:54 am

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Maybe trying having one person up in front of the stand further; try to get that ma or bb. Then the other person can be behind him trying to BB or mine the flag if need be.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]