[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Match 1: 4/24/11 at 8 pm EST vs. Jesus' Team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Match 1: 4/24/11 at 8 pm EST vs. Jesus' Team 

Post Match 1: 4/24/11 at 8 pm EST vs. Jesus' Team
Our first match is tonight at 8 pm EST. We will be playing Jesus' team. If we dominate this, we will be at a HUGE advantage because Jesus' ren guys will likely stop showing/stop caring. History shows that once talented ren guys lose in anni, they just call 5 boosts gay and leave.

I'm hoping most of you guys show up. Its also Easter so if people are busy or whatever... happy easter :D

p.s. we can totally win this. the only truly good players jesus has are arenas and alk. Arenas will likely be capping. If thats the case he will also be routing a lot. We can win this by simply camping the flag heavily and focusing on destroying his second capper and attacking arenas during his weak points (after grabs, after attempted caps, going in for passes). Totally doable

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:41 am

Post Re: Match 1: 4/24/11 at 8 pm EST vs. Jesus' Team
Yo I'll solo chase Arenas tonight.

Edit:
And Imp will solo cap.

3 campers. :lol:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:53 am

Haha I think that would end up pissing everyone off

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 am

hahaha yeah it's annoying, but effective actually....

me and apex were capping last night, we probably gave up only 1 return every 5 minutes in a 8-8.... but our team lost, because they had moons?, impulse, and 1-2 others just camping. It was a bitch having to clear all of them. mega was helpful, but even he couldn't stop 1 of 4 from grabbing on a return, rofl. I don't even think our team HAD a camper out of 8 players... it was like 5 chasers.

I know huntz can self cap and I'm capable of it too if you wanna do that, ROFL

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:42 am

I said it jokingly, but I don't think any team has ever, in the history of Anni or Ren, both solo capped and solo chased a map when they had a full 5 players. Let's be awesome.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:54 am

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 pm

The more I think about it, the more I'm okay with the idea of 2 or 3 campers. It would really fuck their world up.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Yeah... because even if the self passer fucked up - the chances of 1 of 3 grabbing is very good.

Think about it..... the other team will say that flag is secure, their carrier will head back to base to fall into camper trap and we'll grab after return and likely kill their carrier with whoever doesnt grab. They'll boost back and cap it clean or if the other team camps, give it to self passer to redo. The other team will have to adjust mid-game, which is always difficult, even for experienced teams. It may be worth a try for one map at least, hahaha

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah. I honestly think it's a sound strategy. At least for one match, because nobody has ever seen it before, and they are not going to be able to react to it. Might lose some flair after that. Even still, I'm not sure how you combat 2-3 campers in Anni in a 5 on 5. As with everything it depends on who shows up, and the team we're playing tonight is weak beyond Arenas. This would neutralize Arenas' ability, while the rest of his team, much weaker, would be pretty helpless. It wouldn't be as sound of a strategy against 5 highly skilled, veteran players with a well rounded lineup.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah actually multiple campers might be an awesome idea. This would cause Arenas to go in for more flag caps and he would be totally exposed.

How about for HK (since we know it will be played):
One Aggressive Chaser
Two Cappers (for the sake of clearing campers. You know they will start camping once they see us do it.)
Two Campers/Chasers at enemy base (Fuck up the second capper/return our flag or grab enemy flag when needed)

The rationale I have for having one aggressive chaser is that one solid mine disc against Arenas will already make him too worried to route anymore. He'll definitely go in for the pass. One guy can do that.

Thoughts?

Depending on who shows, I think we should totally pick Hildebrande LT (the map that cycles after hillking) for our map. Winning that map is totally dependent upon the skill level of the chasers... and we have the best chasers in the ladder. D is very easy and Arenas really sucks on that map since he can't route too well on it. It would be a war of attrition.. and we would win because we have the best chasers.

Anyways from the people I have contacted so far today, I'm pretty sure Huntz, Anti, Bingo, Vertigo are definitely coming. I'm pretty sure spec is coming and hopefully mario and the others will too.

[edit]
Nevermind we definitely shouldn't pick Hildebrande. Right now the server is running Kama's mod with disc and grenade launcher. Grenade launcher would rape the little Hildebrande base haha.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:13 pm

I'll be there. My girlfriend might be a stubborn bitch about the Netflix because she has Sundays off. That's why I voted for Saturdays. Now I have to deal with her bitching just because I tell her Netflix is eating up all of our bandwidth on our shitty internet. FML.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Uploaded with

LOL here you go team. That was a legit 3v4 win against jesus, arenas, and bronze - other guys a noob but w/e so was one of my teammates.

And the funny thing about it, I was chasing - not capping - rofl
eviltree and spud were capping against arenas and bronze - I was fucking jesus up so bad.

Hildebrand is my best capping map, I can ski the shit out of it.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:04 pm

gg's guys!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:07 pm

That was a lot of fun. I was cracking up the whole time on HillSide.

Also, I feel like that stats system is fucked up a little bit. I had at least 2 CK's on the first map.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:11 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next