[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - GAMEPLANNING
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:16 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
GAMEPLANNING 

Post GAMEPLANNING
GAMEPLANS

A) If we have a good lineup show (at least 1-2 good cappers, 2-3 good chasers)
a. SELFCAPPING MAPS (hk, bs, hb, hs, etc): 1 capper/1 camper swap like we did on broadside + 3 chasers
b. NONSELFCAPPING (lotus, dx, sh, etc): 2 cappers passing/ammo and 3 chasers (one chaser stays near enemy base half camping)

B) If we have a typical lineup (no real standouts - 1 good capper, 1-2 good chasers)
a. normal setup - 3 chasers, 2 cappers (one chaser part camping) - not taking any chances.
b. 1 capper self capping, 1 self chaser, 3 campers (The rage jesus lineup)

C) If we have a lesser lineup (B-team, maybe 1 or 2 decent players - not saying anyone isn't decent, but I understand we have a few in the lineup that are a bit noobish to annispawn?)
a. normal setup - 3 chasers, 2 cappers......
b. one good capper setup - 1 capper, 4 chasers
c. no good capper setup - 2 cappers, 1 home defense/chaser chaser giving ammo, 2 chasers

D) Other options?
a. Annoying as fuck lineup: normal lineup to start, get up by 2 and switch to 1 chaser, 1-2 capper, 2-3 chaser chasers. (and jesus thought 3 campers was cruel?!)
b.
c.

I know that rad is a good capper, but IMO if me, huntz, spec are also in attendance I think rad should chase. Most of you haven't seen him chase really and see him as a capper for the most part, but personally I believe him to be one of the best chasers on this team. If we have 2 capable cappers besides rad show up, I think having him chase will be beneficial to the team.

Lineup and positions:
impulse - chaser/camper
huntz/t1civic- capper/camper
bingo/antidote - chaser/cap if needed?
mario/dell- chaser/cap if needed?
antimatter - chaser/capper/camper
specter/turbostud - capper/camper/chase if needed
vertigo - capper/chaser/camper
forsaken - chaser
vivamexico/ritalin - chaser
saltypissflaps - chaser
watermelon - chaser
puppetmaster - chaser
Rad - capper/chaser/camper

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Post Re: GAMEPLANNING
we could have one capper and 4 campers camp chasing...lmfao

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 am

rad needs to cap because he doesn't lose the flag. I'll do what is needed. But if it is broadside, hillking or hillside then i would prefer to chase.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 am

All of my top picks can handle flag very well and also chase so its pretty flexible (except for me I can't handle flag because I'm a retard)

I'm hesitant about having rad chasing. I'll have to see how he does. Keep in mind that our team has ALL the strongest chasers in the ladder (mario, bingo, anti). They literally are the strongest chasers. Anni chasers > Ren chasers

This next match is going to be very important. We'll be playing Longhorn's team. Matin is a huge threat (a bigger one than Arenas) and if we beat him this coming Sunday, we will truly be set the rest of the season. I doubt these ren guys will continue showing if we destroy them.

That said, matin is a freak at self passing and is a very good capper. Outside of him there really isn't that much of a threat. We need to make sure our top chasers will make it this Sunday. We'll be the home team as well so we pick maps 1 and 3. The idea will be to pick maps where we can either 1. totally stop matin from grabbing and running around like an asshole (e.g. dx), or 2. pick small maps where we can always see where matin is and what he is about to do.

I'm hoping rad and huntz/spec/vertigo will be our cappers and select among mario, bingo, anti, and me for our chasers.
Also, if Watermelon shows, I'll be playing him second map most likely. He has been a huge team player and sat out both games last Sunday and definitely deserves gametime.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 am

Anti and Bingo should chase on dx. You and I could do hillking or broadside.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 am

Against matin, you should pick maps that are hard to self cap on especially if we have 2 good cappers available. However, if starfox shows up and caps with matin you guys are gonna have serious issues chasing. If that is the case, we had better do something with camping tbh.

I'd say trust me and huntz or spec and huntz or me and spec with capping for the first or second map and give rad a shot chasing... I assure you, it won't be a mistake. I understand we have some very good chasers, but rad is more used to chasing matin from renspawn than you guys.

I'm still not 100% showing up, but I'll see if I can fling it... It depends on what I have going on sunday/monday.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:15 am

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 pm

impulse and i figured out how to stop matin on hillking, and i KNOW that matin HATES broadside.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah, I honestly think our three most ideal maps and not in any order:

DC: matin will have a shit time grabbing, unfortunately the map is large enough that we can't see across it which would support him self passing.
Bside: He won't/can't self pass on and he's just not a champ on it
Hillking: Small

Bside and Hillking he definitely will not be able to self pass on, which I'm sure he'd love to as it'd free up a camper or extra chaser for his team.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Matin can self pass on hillking easy, it's just a matter of putting flag out of reach of defenders. I've actually gotten decent at self passing HK, even though it's small. Matin has a way of being able to catch self passes that are impossible for defenders to get to... I don't know if it's cheats or what, but he won't have too many problems self passing HK... especially if we are forced to use crows mod.

Against matins team, I suggest we use a camper no matter what... respected or not, the camper can intercept self passes and throw off second capper.

I don't think the map will matter too much if matin and starfox both show up.... If matin and starfox are capping together, we are going to need some VERY good chasing. I would FORSURE choose DX for 1 of our maps, since star is terrible on dx.. i know from experience - was on his team for renspawn ladder.. me and pacinko capped everytime DX came up since he doesn't like it - me and vodka even capped a DX map since star wasn't going to cap it - me and vod gave up less than 3 returns that map and he's not even a capper. I'm good capping on DX... not sure about grabbing situation with mines, etc... but once we get a hold of it, I'm pretty decent at keeping it with a good partner.

I vote we pick dx first.... if it works out, we should pick it again for 3rd map... there isn't a rule against picking a map twice is there? Shall we go ahead and exploit every glitch, rule, tactic, that this mod has ever seen in one tourney? I vote next time we play jesus, we grab flag and toss it a mile out of bounds and stick it in the air over and over again once we've built a lead. See how he takes that shit! ;)

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:34 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]