[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Team Poll here
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Team Poll here 

Should we play on the Legendz server or forfeit every game?
Play on Legendz Server 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Forfeit every game 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

Team Poll here 

Post Team Poll here
Hey guys. I've been arguing with Crow the past few days and I'm very tired. He is adamant about keeping his Legendz mod.

In Legendz mod:
More disc nrs
More flag nrs
Some people have crazy lag errors
Random server crashes

In Kama's 1.31 mod (used in the match):
Disc nrs are more rare
Flag nrs are more rare
Random lag error is gone

Crow says that the Legendz mod will be used for the rest of the matches simply because it isn't as outdated to kama's mod. He says if our players refuse to play on the mod, we can forfeit every game. Legendz is apparently a far more efficient mod that uses less data blocks, variables, and everything else.

This is clearly a team issue. It is either play on Legendz or forfeit every game. Since I am captain I will not vote and remain impartial to the outcome of this poll.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Post Re: Team Poll here
Host our own server and play each of our games there. I came back to Tribes for this ladder. I'm not forfeiting games when I'm starting to shake the rust.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 am

this is probably the dumbest poll ever created.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:03 am

jesus christ I will have a server up by saturday then.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 am

Well i voted to play, but if crows mod is the one that was on when I was getting all those flag warps when it bounced I won't be happy about my decision. I don't know what was wrong with the mod we played on last sunday? Would he even be arguing this if his team hadn't lost?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:29 am

Last edited by impulse on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 am

I just don't get it. His mod doesn't work, it's broken. If he fixes it, we would all love to play on it. As of right now, it's literally not possible for me to play competitively on it, as I know it's not for MANY others. Me, catching a flag, on that broken buggy edit is a 50/50 at best. On Kama's edit, it's about 98%.

There's no point in playing in conditions like that. I'd rather be playing with a 140 stable ping than Crow's BROKEN edit. I don't understand his problem, this is unreasonable.

Mario talk to me later about getting a server up. We could split the cost or whatever, I know Imp said he wouldn't mind chipping in either.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:19 am

http://artofwarcentral.com/Tribes-servers.asp

right now I am on this site. But I do not know a lot. However I would like to see if we could test a few different places around the US. I wanted to try out Dallas. i will be on aim or in the gym

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:24 am

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:35 am

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:54 am

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:08 pm

I don't mind getting into arguments, obviously. Tell me where to go and I'll go piss some people off, seems jesus is intent on banning me for it though (is he even allowed to do that shit?).

I would play on it if it was the chosen mod, but I wouldn't be happy about it. Capping on his mod for me is terrible, every time the flag hits the ground it warps around. Seems like every time I get really close to grabbing, the damn thing moves over a foot and fucks me over. Crows mod makes self capping pretty much impossible to due efficiently. I just don't understand what is wrong with kama's mod, we played fine on it sunday night..... what was the big deal? Can someone please tell me why crow is so adamant about changing to his mod BESIDES that he spent so much time working on it that he feels self-obligated that it gets use? To me, I don't care how much he worked on editing an already capable mod... it's selfish to use a mod that is clearly not superior to the other choice just because he made.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:01 pm

I do not care what anyone says or thinks, legendz is more glitchy....A boost mine disc acts different in the legendz from 1.31. I do not even care about the weapons, let me have my disc and mines.

Not being a downer, I just refuse to play so choppy. Why do you think we made another version in the first place?

Crows mod is excellent, but not for the particular gameplay that we are striving for. We want playability not something to showoff code.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Alright. I've been talking to Longhorn and Matin and I think we have come up with a compromise. They still need to talk to Crow.

The idea will be to keep kama's mod for the duration of the ladder and include trial runs of Legendz on off-match days. This will let Crow gradually fix the problems in Legendz while also ensuring that we have a working mod. So basically we should be keeping kama's mod (that I have fully fixed).

Of course none of this is final yet. Not everyone has been notified but long and matin seem to think its a good idea.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next