[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - sayin hi
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
sayin hi 

Post Re: sayin hi
There are only two people I've ever actually disliked in the 10 years I've played. Wait, no, three. Haha. Anyone remember <!> Redneck!

CG was always overrated because in real matches against great capping duos even Matin's chain was about equal with a slightly better than average disc. Are there even any great cappers left, noneless great duo's? Who are the best cappers now, vivid and star? Man years ago with Fig+Dark or Relik+Sand it was a different game.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Best cappers around IMO

Pacinko
Alk
Matin
Vivid
Starfox

Hell, I would even put my name on there but I'm not an egomaniac. If I was capping with any of these guys, I could build a rapport and win matches. Starfox is great, but not AMAZING and same can be said about vivid. Vivid hardly plays anymore from what I have seen anyway. Alk mostly chases these days, but is perfectly capable of capping as good as any. Pacinko and Matin are probably 2 of the better cappers playing. Relik has been off and on and can still cap well, but rust is apparent. Sand even was active for about a week before being thrown around like a ragdoll in tribesone and leaving again.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:19 pm

That's a sad list man. I don't think Tribes is going to be around much longer for us to play, not competitively. Troc's decline is incredible. Hopefully one of these other games coming out will save us...

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Yeah, tbh I had trouble finding a #6 who I'd put above myself for that list. So, you are right on that decline dealio.

I guess I'd put Rad and Arenas up there too, but like I said - both of these guys have chosen to chase more unless forced to cap, even though they are both perfectly capable.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:43 pm

I remember when I used to cap with honeybear years ago. I do not lose flag. I remember del and them used to get so damn mad. i hate capping

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:43 am

Yeah Rad is a great partner, he has a good understanding of making good decisions with the flag.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah I'm not saying he wouldn't belong on the list, it's just he doesn't cap anymore if given the choice. Thus, he's considered more of an active chaser. I was merely just listing the players who cap a majority of the time nowadays. I agree rad is probably the best capper around and when I was a noob, I used to envy his skill capping.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:42 am

I think he is much better now. A few years ago he was not as good. He fucked up all the time.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 am

I was on his championship ladder team like 2-3 years ago. He was epic.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:19 pm

And I was a bench rider along with aa on that very same ladder team, anti :)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Eek, I'm sorry. I don't remember you or aa. >.<

All I remember was our starting 5. It was Rad, Crusader, Me, Pac (I think) and someone else who I'm blanking on but it will come to me...definitely my favorite ladder team to date. Every one of us could play all three positions. We'd rotate positions fluidly during the game without any communication. It's so rare to have a team that's both that veteran, and that well rounded, to pull off the stuff we did. We had games where people didn't show though and then Rad would just win it by himself.

Sweet Tribes reveries.

Rad was insane though, still is. I remember when the first sC:) was around, and we had a flood of Trocies come to play Anni. Almost none of them could make the transition right. They all came in, got owned, cried, left. Rad took about 5-10 minutes and he was dominating. I was arguably the best chaser in Anni then, had no problems chasing anyone in the mod, then Rad came in and after 5 minutes of practice he was just on another level.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 pm

It was celt, I believe.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:28 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2