View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
June 5th Playoffs Match 1 vs Lawlz's Team 8pm EST 

Post June 5th Playoffs Match 1 vs Lawlz's Team 8pm EST
First playoffs match this Sunday at 8 pm EST.

Since we have the best record, we will get to pick the first two maps and also the side we want on map 1. We should win this easily as long as people show

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Post Re: June 5th Playoffs Match 1 vs Lawlz's Team 8pm EST
I'll be there likely.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:28 pm

sweet. i pm'd rad and pac as well

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:54 pm

I should be there.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 pm

everyone in the staff forums is pissed that we have rad. I don't know why......

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:11 pm

We've had Rad for a long time. We got Rad fairly. They're just pissed because they're getting dominated.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:40 pm

confused

Last edited by impulse on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Honestly, whoever drafted for lawlz and jesus pretty much failed. Why pick vodka and puc over pacinko. I know pacinko is reliable to show and he is the best option out of those 3 players. Vodka isn't going to play for another losing team, he won't show. And for jesus to pick puc over pacinko, that is laughable. If jesus/lawlz/whoever is whining and crying that we have pacinko AND RAD (even though we've had rad since like week 1/2) they can go ahead and reflect on their stupidity drafting late players. We didn't have that high of a pick to get rad, did we? Who was drafted before him, lol? alk? He's not gonna help jesus in anni, I don't know what he was doing there.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Haha yeah, this is the list of players added after initial draft:

1. Long = Matin; Lawlz = Apex, Tronic, Hotpocket; Impulse = "+1 win"; Jesus = "+1 win"
2. Jesus = Alk; Impulse = Rad; Lawlz = idk..; Long = Starfox
3. MIDSEASON - Lawlz = Vodka; Jesus = Puc; Impulse = Pac; Long = Blaze; leftover Coza to Lawlz

I'm not sure why they have been complaining about how their players aren't active or whatever. For us, Puppetmaster and Ritalin haven't shown up to a single match, SaltyPissFlaps showed up to one, and Watermelon made three of them. And that doesn't even include Anti, Spec, Fors, and Mario who pretty much came back to Tribes for this ladder. Well maybe not mario... I'm not sure haha but I'll count him anyways!

Last edited by impulse on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:38 pm

You drafted well. They didn't. It's their own fault. It's honestly pathetic to me to see how much they all bitch about it. I know that Jesus thinks we're all not great players individually, but he doesn't understand that we are Anni vets and most of us have played together for years. It's almost too easy for this team.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:24 am

Also consider that Jesus pretty much hates me, lawlz didn't know who I was, and long doesn't see me as an allstar. Even though I am reliable to show up every match, proven so far this ladder and last renspawn ladder. Impulse did his homework, me likey winning team for a change.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

Well put, Imp. They were either, or both, lazy and stupid in their drafting.

I'll also offer up that they failed to respect a lot of us old schoolers. Mario went what, somewhere between 2nd and 4th round? I went 5th, Spec 6th. I mean that's their own fault for not respecting people who played this mod for years before they did. Mario and I were two of the best spawn chasers ever, and we got disregarded. Spec was around years before me, and led not just the original sC but one of the greatest undefeated clans in the mod ever, plus KWSN and all that jazz.

I can't speak for the others, but I know not so much as one of the other captains asked me if I would be active. They don't do their homework, they don't consider that Anni players are better than Ren players in Anni, and they don't respect people who played this mod for years.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:27 pm

When was I drafted? lol

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Here is the excel spreadsheet I compiled for the draft: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15525639/Tribes/list.xlsx
Color coded and everything haha!

Anyways obviously there are clear errors in my list (like how Arenas is #1 and that I put Ring and Honeybear above Vertigo). I tried my best to build my list around what I thought the other captains would pick and whether some ren players would be flakey and quit. Vert and fors are pretty far down there because I was pretty confident that the other guys wouldn't pick them too soon. I remember a few times during the draft where Jesus would say "damn I was just about to pick him." I felt pretty happy during those moments because that was when I knew I achieved my goal: picking people as late as possible! Keep in mind that I was working with limited info back then and I had no idea how some ren players would adapt to anni haha.

Salty and Watermelon are way down there because they didn't play spawn, no offense intended. I am definitely happy with the team we have had all season!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]