[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST 

Post Re: June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST
I know you're being sarcastic mario, and I am by no means an expert on chasing. I am more of a capper ffs. But, I've chased matin and honey quite a few times (with little success, but also have had my moments) - It is extremely difficult just flat out chasing them. With 5 boosts and mines, it should however be easier fucking them up. It doesn't matter how perfect their passes are, get in the way. I know when I'm capping that I am usually concentrated more on the pass than I am on the chasers moving in on me - so to make the best possible pass away from chasers - but occasionally, chasers sneak in and snag the pass. That's what it takes with matin/honey.

Don't be mad at eachother guys, we played a great season. We were probably the most consistent team, attendence-wise and I think we would have gotten this far even without our midseason additions. Rad/pac

We probably had the deepest lineup any given night - SB had 5 players - all of which showed up last night I guess. If any other SB player was forced to play for them, the outcome would have certainly been different. Take matin and starfox out of there (midseason additions) and we would have won that match.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Btw Imp, I was a great player to you all year. I showed up every week, I played well, I contributed to a lot of wins. I helped you pick this team, I helped you with strategy, I got us the server, and I helped to deal with a lot of crap with the people running this ladder that I did not have to. I contributed a great deal of my time, to you, as your friend.

I loved this season, and I loved this team. It was a lot of fun. It's unfortunate that it ended with us basically giving it away in the finals, but it happens. It's really unfortunate that one jerk decides to piss all over everything after doing nothing all season and hanging his team out to dry when it mattered most.

Once or twice in pubs making fun of you was just ribbing. I apologized to you for that, as I didn't know you were so sensitive about it, and it never happened since. What more do you want? I wasn't dissing you on HK, I'm pointing out that chasing wise nobody did anything, including you which makes your criticism on HS really invalid. You would not have done better, that's pretty clear, and that's nothing against you. The truth is nobody did anything against Matin, his capping was better than any of ours chasing as it was all season.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Impulse, anti - you are both great chasers... honestly I have been glad that you were both on my team - its been annoying in pubs getting chased by you guys.

And mario, for a 10 year vet you should have been more active - I only missed one match outside of the championship one and I honestly only remember you being there for a couple of the other matches I was in.

I've played this game going on... what? 13 years now? however long it's been since it came out. I only started playing renspawn in 08 though and just recently annispawn a month ago. I am by no means an expert on anything or a vet to this mod or renspawn. I played base and baseLT more for the first years of this game and then I played football on the side. Honestly, one of the only mods that I see myself as a "vet" in is football - because I was there since near the beginning and also was there to see it die. I left a top 5 player by my own standards, not many could out-play me. Football was about shooting a 'football' out of a blaster towards teammates to score TD's, I was THE BEST throwing the ball - I could hit people in midair with the ball while they were jumping to the platform consistently. The other mod that I'd probably be considered a vet in is Teamrabbit, I was probably 1 of like 20 players who were even good at that mod. It was a high-skill mod, took a lot of getting used to - same with football.

Even though I am not a 'vet' at renspawn, annispawn, etc - I would consider myself a vet at tribes as a game, as a whole. I don't think you could name a mod of this game that I haven't played and became decent at. I've even played builder mod ffs - albeit most the time it was to annoy the shit out of people - stacking objects, etc. Not many tribes players can say that they've become decent at nearly every mod, like I have. baseLT, base, football, teamrabbit, arena, duel, renspawn, annispawn. The only mods that I never really got into were renegades and annihilation because I couldn't stand all of the guns and turrets, etc. It annoyed the shit out of me, but I no doubt in my mind could have gotten good at it like all the other mods I've played. Get off your high-horse mario. It's just a game - 13 years old at that.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Vert's right, we should probably all take it down a notch.

I was just annoyed that Mario contributes little all season, then when it matters most quits on his team. Then, rather than be a man and own up to it, starts shit because what--I included his quitting in a recap that Vert asked for? I have said multiple times that my chasing was worthless on HS, while I only had a single less kill/return than Bingo, but that was the point--nobody chased Matin effectively. I owned up to my failure.

I hate when people can't own up to their own failures, especially when their failures were something like rage quitting which is just throwing your team, which DID show up all season, under the bus. Mario obviously has problems with me that have nothing to do with any of this. I have no idea what they are, I always did like the guy and as I remember it I'm the main reason he's on this team considering how hard I lobbied Impulse to pick him in the draft. Whatever. I'm done.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 pm

I had 6 kills and 8 returns when I dropped.

I was messing with you other other day Anti I was not serious.

I suck, you are right.

Vertigo I was kidding with you.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:58 pm

I am quitting Tribes for the most part now. I don't really care what you guys think of me skill-wise. I'm pretty sure Huntz, Mario, and whoever else that was in the server this past weekend will pretty much agree with me that all of us improved by a good margin and that we were all at our best. I'm also very sure that I did do my part as a chaser on HK. If you want to pull up some stats from on a broken scoring system, I will just ignore it.

That said, I will be visiting the troc forums and playing the game far less frequently. If this 3v3 Anni Ladder does go down, I am willing to come back and play some. I prefer clan ladder now too but its whatever. Just pm me on the troc forums and I will get an email notification.

Thanks for playing everyone, sorry about losing! It was a good season. I will probably see you guys in-game at random times. Tribes just gets addicting to me and I end up spending too much time playing so I'm going to cut down as much as possible for the summer haha

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3