[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST 

Post Re: June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST
They beat us once, we beat them once. Solo capping was a dumb idea tonight, we knew that going in, and it proved true but that's okay.

First map was hillside. Cappers were pac and huntz, chasers were bingo and myself, spec camped. We lost 2-1. It was a cappers battle and frankly, we really did not even touch matin and honey on that map. They were phenomenal, nearly untouchable. We barely lost though. Spec did an awesome job camping which helped keep us in it, and our cappers obviously held up.

Second map was hillking and rad showed up, he capped with huntz. Impulse and Mario chased, spec camped. This map was the biggest clusterfuck of all time. Somehow it was decided right before things started that they would solo cap, which led to us coughing the flag up a few times early and they jumped out to a 4-0 lead. Plus their camper MURDERED us. Everyone in obs had nothing to talk about but how we weren't clearing. At this point, Mario rage quit. For about a minute or so we played a man down, at which point someone admin-changed me into the game and I played the last 6.5 minutes or so in which we capped once, and got capped on once, making the final score 5-1. Again, matin and honey were nothing short of amazing, and their camper wrecked us.

Map 1

Map 2

p.s. who was rolex?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:20 am

Starfox.

It was fucking stupid..I had returns, but the cappers were solo capping which they should of been passing. Rad changed the strategy from what I said. So then there were no people clearing, am I going to drop? Sure. It's nothing against anyone, but I am just tired of that shit. You do not underestimate people that can actually play the game. When has anyone EVER won against a good team solo capping? With someone who actually can chase. Was it my fault? Fuck no. We had returns from matin and honey and could of been okay. But you cannot play like the old days and just expect people not to camp. Camping is THE MOST important thing in the game. The reason why rad was good in the first place is because he is a good passer. if we canted Huntz to solo cap, we could of had two campers still leaving clearing away becuase we needed two chasers for matin and cuntface.

Don't blame this shit on me. Am I mad? You bet I am, I hate when something is assumed.

Do not take any of that personally.

I will not blame anyone, nor will I take the blame. But I will blame a stupid strategy. This is why annihilation players has always lost to the ren players because of pure stupidity.

And another thing?

Single best capping performances in annihilation history? Why because they played like a team and passed the flag, and actually communicated with each other? Huntz could do the same thing if he had a partner to pass to.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 am

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 am

1. It is a good thing we did not choose DC. Huntz was not willing to play that map and that is fine. The reason I was bitching so much in teamchat was because I knew at least one person was not happy with DC and thank god Pac pointed out that Huntz was in obs because otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. Personally I think the chasers on HS should have adopted the strategy me and mario use (one aggressive chaser and one chaser near base that intercepts). They pass too well and too frequently to think that two selfish chasers doing their own thing can win.

2. Rad said to self-cap at the last minute. It was my fault for not saying anything, I was just too pumped up for the match and didn't really even register what he said in my head. That said, there were over 5 other players in team chat with me. Not "paying attention" really isn't an excuse considering how we were already down one map. Not "paying attention" is essentially the same as not caring about whether the team wins or loses. So you guys were idiots too, though obviously I was the biggest one. For the record, I said to look out for campers too and mentioned how they camped us hard in the past. Still mainly my fault though since I was too dumb to think things through.

3. It was frustrating being camped so hard. People need to check team chat more often as well. There was a slight chance that we could have tied it up because there were still 10 minutes remaining when we called for a position change to clearer. It just took a few minutes for the message to get across.

4. I think Matin and Honeybear are an excellent capping duo but they are also very beatable. Mario is right when he said we had returns from Matin and Honeybear on HK at least. Honestly it wasn't even that hard chasing them on such a small map. Just have one guy pushing hard and the other guy around base to fuck them up works beautifully. Chasing like how people do in pubs against them is pretty much a 1v2 battle. Unless both chasers are extremely skilled or have amazing chemistry, it definitely won't work.

And Mario did say vgb before he left. Then I think AA said we were a player short so I just popped Anti in because he sounded very confident this past week and I had no time to think about who to pop in and who not to. I really should have put in Fors or something since he showed up and didn't even get played and complained about it afterwards. I was moderately irked at mario mid-game for doing that but I didn't even have time to be actually mad since I had to switch people in and make sure everyone was doing their thing.

Big apologies to vert :/

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:52 am

That's fine. It was like beating it with a dead horse, nothing was changing so I quit. Be mad or not I do not care. However, I refuse to play like that. I have had to for over 10 years now and am done doing that. We were not going to win, plain and simple. It was an embarrassment. I had been playing for 10 hours straight, semen all over the place. Of course I was pissed of.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

HS was a nearly unchaseable map, all things considering we had a chance to win it, the score was 2-1. If Rad had been around we'd probably have won it. If it had been DC, we probably would have won it like we did before but that is speculation.

Impulse, as far as them being easily chaseable that's a joke. In 6 minutes I had the same number of returns, and 2 more caps to your zero, as you did in 15 minutes. I don't know what Mario was mustering but you guys are full of it to think you made a dent. I could go back to past times we've played them and the pathetic numbers put up then by all of us against their capping.

Nobody did anything chasing, but that's not why we lost. Mario rage quitting was a jerk move but not why we lost. We lost because our cappers tried to solo it and nobody was there to clear. Imp you knew better, and could have changed things. Mario knew better, and could have changed things. In fact, instead of quitting he could have spammed team chat to get the cappers on the right page and given us a chance to win since he admittedly recognized the problem. Then again, Spec could have done the same, and frankly the CAPPERS should have realized this and fixed it themselves. So really, it was a full body 5-person dry heave.

It would have been better if you'd put in Bingo because he was playing the best that night but it didn't matter at that point, God coming off the bench wasn't turning that shit around.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Matin/honey capping is beatable - one chaser needs to pursue, while one intercepts - if matin has the flag, both need to concentrate on fucking up pass more. If honey has the flag, she's vulnerable and beatable. Matin only likes capping with her because shes a girl and he wants tribes e-pussy. Honestly, matin+anyone decent at capping could do as good as they did likely.

Killer is a beast at shooting disc, hitting ma's. Either hardened skill or autoaim, idk.

aa is an amazing camper, I wish I would have been there to help clear him - maybe would have been the difference... idk.

In summary - matin is considered the best capper in renspawn, killer the best chaser, and aa the best camper. When you put them all on the same team, that poses some trouble. Sounds like you guys at least put up a big fight though, so you shouldn't feel like it was a disappointing loss. We didn't play these guys all together earlier in the season. No offense to long and other SB, but anyone else besides these 5 in the lineup makes them an easier team to beat.

Long wanted to win this more I guess, based on his mustering up of players that seemed to not even show up every other week of the season. Props to them I guess, we are all good sports to not really care extremely that we made it this far and lost. Not like it means a whole lot, at least it doesn't mean terribly much to me. dont know about the rest of you.

Either way, this ladder was fucked from the start really... Whoever ran things, kind of went about it completely the wrong way when it came to midseason drafts. Technically matin should have been on lawlz team - but he was being a bitch, so somehow long got him because long had honeybear. Next draft, people need to make sure that EVERYONE knows about it and are signed up and for whoever miss it - they need to just be excluded. It fucked the balance up completely

It was great playing with you guys all season and I can honestly say you have been the friendliest team I've played with. We've built some great chemistry and I love all of ya. Most people are just jerks to me, because I have been known to be a big jerk. But those people don't realize that I just joke, for the most part. You guys have seen the best of me and know my true personality. I respect all of you, it's been gg's.

No need to apologize to me imp, I wasn't there. I should have been there, my bad! It'd be fun rematching them.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 pm

How do you intercept high speed passes? With the lowest percentage, most difficult, most insanely unlikely chasing play that exists in spawn? There were no flags being tossed around. Their passing was perfect, no mistakes, all night long (when I was playing, maybe imp+mario got lucky on a few slip-ups). You guys do not give enough respect where it's due, it's not like anyone here successfully chased them all season. Now that it's over though, and they can't kick our ass again, I guess it's okay to say they're easily beatable. :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm finally saying it. Anti you are fucking retarded. The mod doesn't put mine kills under capper kills. Impulse did what he should of. I had 6 kills and 8 returns before i quit just at the 10 minute mark. Do not even fucking start dude. You were so fucking useless on Hillside. Bingo was doing everything while you were running around. 2 returns on Hillside. Do not criticize Impulse for the way we were chasing. I had returns with 3 campers. You didn't have 3 campers on hillside because people were clearing.

I will stop here before i really blow my lid.

There were 5 returns on the first map.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Fucking up the pass includes boosting at the cappers for MA bb's and MA discs. One chaser needs to pursue the flag holder and the other needs to pursue the second capper. Good comunication helps too, if the chaser pursuing the flagholder notices that he is going for a pass - it could help to relay that message to the other chaser through some quick voice pack "attack" or somthing.. Either way, it sounds as though we should have had a much better game plan. Obviously you guys weren't prepared for matin/honey, aa, killer/starfox. I wouldn't have expected they would all show up, although it makes sense I guess... knowing their chances of making the championship game were high, whats the point of showing up to every match in the season. I don't know.. I don't really have a say on how things turned out or what might have been, I just wish I could have made it now! Not that I would have been the difference, but maybe I'd have helped. You guys can blame me if you want, haha. Throw it all on me, I don't care ;)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Please make me a tutorial on how to play.

Thanks!

P.S. Please cover specifically chasing and what to do with the cappers if they know how to drop the flag appropriately.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm waiting for the lengthy essay replying back. Excuse me while in the meantime I go to the gym and tear up the punching bag.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next