[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST 

Post June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST
So I'm assuming we're playing Long's team next week. We definitely need to make sure everyone can show so we can ensure a solid victory. I will pm rad and pac again probably tomorrow reminding them of Sunday.

We will be able to pick the first two maps and side on the first map. What maps did you guys have in mind. Now we know not to pick fucking bside if Matin is capping. I think we did pretty well against them on dx and hk. How about those?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Post Re: June 12th: Playoffs Match vs Long's Team at 9pm EST
Let's do Bside.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 pm

That was a nightmare.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:38 pm

It was but it also worked. The trick was more campers, less chasers. I know we couldn't cap there, but nor could Matin.

Mostly, though, I know that playing that map again would really piss you off.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Meh it was also OT and everyone was tense besides rad who made that amazing final cap like a champ.

There are less risky maps that we could play imo.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:04 pm

How about how I got more returns in 5 minutes of OT than the entire team combined in all of regulation. I'm kind of a big deal.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to this match/final :(

I run a youth soccer program (k-8) in my hometown. Meaning I am in charge of making sure everything runs smoothly - 4 teams per grade group, roughly 230 students signed up. The soccer league starts next tuesday and I am meeting someone to help me set up the fields sunday afternoon, meaning I will not be able to make it to a computer due to me being in my home town rather than where I live for college (where I have computer access). Technically I could make it to the match if I wanted to, but on top of just running the program, I handle concessions, t-shirt distribution, destributing information (past few months), etc. Thus, I need to be in my home town preparing everything for tuesday, Sunday night and monday.

I apologize for my absence as it will be only my second this tournament (the first I could have made, but we were playing lawlz so I decided not to try too hard to appear). I am saddened that it is the championship match that I am missing, but life comes before tribes. Hopefully you guys can pull it off! I'm rootin' for ya.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Damn Vert, that really sucks. Best of luck with things, it's been a great ladder and I've really enjoyed playing with you. No worries about this one, you showed up all season and helped us get the advantage we'll have this Sunday. <3

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:20 pm

yup thanks for showing up so consistently vert! you were a huge asset to the team and we're only where we are now big part thanks to you. we're gonna win this one on sunday for the team 8-)

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:45 am

i'll cap.. lawl

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am

yep we lost. Thanks to everyone that showed. sorry to those that couldn't make it, vert, etc.

they just outplayed us

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm

damnit! Now I wish I'd have been able to make it!! Well, we had a good season anyway!

Who played for SB?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 pm

It was all my fault. Rad said to solo cap at the last minute. I said vga. I apologize to everyone that showed. It was a bad idea and it is my fault but I hope all of you have had enjoyed at least some of the games this season.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:21 pm

It's okay. We just made some seriously bad errors in terms of decisions. I should have been around the second map to talk strategy instead of running to obs and assuming things were cool. We knew better that their campers would eat us alive without using two cappers and having one clear, but you guys switched to solo capping so we had nobody clearing, and they camper raped us (plus the flags that were lost from failure to self pass combined with their AWESOME clearing of our campers). Mario rage quitting halfway through the map really didn't help either. But then I fucking blew at chasing the first map (hillside), which we shouldn't even have played (should have done DC) because a wide open map for matin+honey is just dumb. I think that loss was at least half my fault purely off bad decision making, and just ineffective chasing on hillside. My apologies to Impulse, you were a great captain all season and I was too hard on you after that loss. We all shared in it, and my share was disproportionately large.

To be fair though, matin and honeys performance tonight was the single best capping duo performance I think I've ever seen in anni spawn...so that's pretty awesome.

Props to everyone though, this was a great team. We had a better group, and more active group, than any other team. This ladder was a ton of fun and I doubt I'll ever get to play anni spawn with such a great group of guys again.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 am

So matin and honey were capping for them? ah man..

I think we beat sb last time self capping, didn't we?

Anyone want to give me a quick recap of how the maps went? did it go to 3 or did they beat us first 2 maps?

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:59 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next