[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Bugs in the mod
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Bugs in the mod 
Crow{OZ}

Post Bugs in the mod
Tomorrow/today please send me a pm if you find any bugs at all in the mod. Server crashes, random spawn shit, anything that looks odd. I did quite a bit of checking tonight, and I think I've found the problem with the random crashes at the end of the map. I'm not 100% sure with the fix, so I really need yall to let me know if the server crashes tomorrow/today. It should be good, I'm pretty sure it's at a stable point. I've checked just about everything that could cause a crash, and debugged the poo out of it.

Also, I fixed the eval error some people were getting from using mines/nades/boost too fast, make sure to test that as well, and give me feed back. It was a quick and sloppy fix I did last night, I'll go back over it later and put a more complex fix on it.

Thank you for all the support. :D

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:49 am

Post Re: Bugs in the mod
I'll be sure to check :P

What is this eval problem? just curious lol

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 am
Crow{OZ}

Crash String detection, it's to stop people from crashing the server.

I had to dumb down a few for spawn scripts.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:17 am

As everyone else has complained, the lag spikes are unbelievable. It's totally unplayable. We need to get a hold of Kama's edit for tomorrow unless you can solve the lag-mystery before then.

And I don't mean class lag spikes 'cause the server sucks and you're pinging 400 for a while. My ping jumped between 44 and 130 so much that flags were entirely uncatchable.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:04 pm
Da Je$u$

let me just say, i have no lag spikes or anything of this nature that you guys are using. I think its cuz people are using 1.40 and dont have the right stuff added to it... :whistle:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:04 pm

To be clear I meant no disrespect to anyone, especially not Crow. He's done an awesome job and created a spawn mod that has more flexibility and cool features than anything I've seen before.

But as of right now, it's also unplayable. We cannot have matches tomorrow with it how it is, so all I'm saying is put up 1.31 unmodified right now, because we know that works. Just for matches or until the current issue can be fixed.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

The only times I've had lag in the server is when I'm downloading something, and have a bad ping.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:42 pm
Crow{OZ}

Attachments:
datablocksmod.JPG
datablocksmod.JPG [ 152.82 KiB | Viewed 8613 times ]

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

There is no doubt and can be no argument that the problem is server-side. You have a number of players who have been playing this game and versions of it for many, many years, who even to this day can connect to ANY other Annihilation server, and any edit thereof, and have no issues. Thus the problem is definitively server-side. We could hop in it right now and watch pings jump around like magic.

This could mean the mod, or the server itself. I suggested running a different version of the mod, one that is KNOWN to be working, because it'll give a definitive answer which is the case. If you'd rather just assume that the mod is the problem without running a simple test, then fine, we'll take your word and get a new server.

Either way, it is a server-side problem, and it's making things unplayable for a great many people, which is not acceptable for matches. I pm'd Crow that, basically, if we can't get things straightened out (whether it be mod or server related) than myself and others will be purchasing a new server tomorrow (for less than $35 I might add) and running Kama's edit of the mod, and when nobody has an issue in it just as nobody has an issue in ANY OTHER SERVER perhaps the few who are lucky enough to be unaffected by this will concede that the problem is not client-side, as we already can definitively say it is not.

Just a side-note, to those who are unaffected by this: I think you are affected and just don't realize it. I had to play for a couple maps before I realized what was going on myself, I thought I just sucked that day and couldn't catch anything. If it only affects one out of every three times I attempt to catch the flag, 2/3 times seems and indeed is normal. The 1/3 I account for my sucking. Fortunately, I used to catch about 19/20, so missing 1/3 was shocking to me. Those of you who don't realize this maybe just aren't as proficient or thought you were having a bad day or whatever. It's also very possible that these ping issues manifest only when we cross a certain threshold of number of players.

^actually makes logical sense unlike blaming server-side faults on the client-side.

I just want us to have a working server for the matches, which start tomorrow, as I know everyone else does.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:46 pm

I don't know what internet you shitheads run but I ping just fine - steady 124. The server that is currently up is running from the same network as the TXM Spawn Chicago server. I have seen many people who also don't experience the problem you people are having. If it is the mod then please send me Kama's edit so that I can try it out on the server that I currently have. There are almost 10 people in the server now as I am posting this and not one of them has a ping over 100. I think you guys need to fix your computers or contact your ISP's.

Matin

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:07 pm
Da Je$u$

dont you start that profession al shit here matin :naughty:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:36 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next