[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Ladder Results!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladder Results! 

Post Re: Ladder Results!
1) once an edit/server is chosen, complaining about it's format/glitches, etc is fine; if enough people agree, changes can be made. But since the format/glitches are the same for both teams, using them for an excuse for losing is just plain wrong (like a football team crying that they lost 'cause the couldn't catch the ball 'cause it was raining).

2) once an edit/server is chosen, complaining about your opponents tactics is BEYOND just plain wrong. It's hilarious (like a football team crying that they lost 'cause they like to play run defense but the other team passed on every play).

Prediction: the amount of time spent by players bitchin' after week one will exceed the total time of all games played on this ladder combined.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Who suggested that? x_x
Being out of the loop blows.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 pm
Da Je$u$

i said this before to you vert, i never said anything about a rematch and if you bring me into this again i will ban you. Simple end of discussion

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:56 am

NOTE: I was not refering to anyone or anything in particular, just my disappointment that 100% of the post-game discussions I read were entirely made up of complaints & critiques about the server, the mod, the edit, and the tactics of the other teams. Does ANYONE actually enjoy playing? It's really kind depressing.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:01 am
Profile WWW

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 am
Da Je$u$

this isnt troc vert, dont come in here running your mouth. :naughty:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 am
Da Je$u$

i voiced my thoughts on that match and that was it. Leave it be...

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 am

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 am
Da Je$u$

:whistle:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 am

I'm well aware that you didn't say anything about a rematch jesus, I brought that up because you made my tribe and myself feel like we were in the wrong after that first match by continually saying "imp your gay" "I've lost respect for you imp" just because of our tactics. If anything, anti and myself should be to blame for that as we were the ones who pretty much came up with it.

I understand you are done with this argument, but you've threatened to ban me - thus I feel obligated to make SOME attempt at clearing things up because "I" am not in the wrong here. You have threatened to ban me for NO reason, none at all. I've done more pissing off in less than 10 minutes on troc in the past than I have in my entire week or 2 playing this mod.

YOU'RE the one who got all pissy and whiny due to our tactics, "I" was defending my tribe as YOU would do in a reverse situation. YOU kept crying, "I" was trying to clear things up. Notice how it was pretty much just YOU being all pissy about it, nobody else on your tribe besides omega voiced their opinion. Everyone on my tribe, even other observers didn't feel like we did anything wrong (outside of the force field thing). I don't care about "Old anni" and that you didn't expect there to be campers, especially given that 1/3 or more of who signed came from renspawn where camping is a match position.

I have nothing against you jesus, I never have. Seems to me that you have always carried some grudge against me, ever since I came back after 2 years. First week or 2 playing, you kicked me more times than I can remember and to this day I still don't understand what I ever did to you.

Just freakin' sit back, relax... it's just a game, 10+ year old game at that. Are you winning anything outside of bragging rights or e-sex for this tournament? Maybe try gameplanning next week, you might be able to make the other team cry if you try hard enough.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:00 pm
Da Je$u$

since we cant drop it, thats fine. Lets just say we were in a TROC server, and that was a match. Would you expect anything to happen to you? Cuz the admins i know would have banned the whole team for doing something that stupid. And why did your teammate(huntz) say that you guys shouldnt have done that. And its the captains responsibility to assign wat people do, and if he cant control his players then that is on him. So it is impulses fault for that match. You can say all you want, but if this was in TROC, you wouldnt have even dared to think of that idea...

And your teammates have played anni and know noone camps. Since half of your team is old anni players, i expected more from them.

Now that we both voiced ourselves. Drop it...

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:12 pm

From my perspective, if nobody camped matches would be over much quicker. 5 boosts allow a capper to get back to their base pretty damn quickly. With no campers, whenever a flag is returned there will be a cap 75% of the time.

Our gameplans intentions were NOT to piss off, we actually didn't believe that it would be effective - we thought we were taking a huge risk doing it. It's all about adjusting. If you see the team has multiple campers, that's when you tell one of your chasers to hang back and kill campers maybe... You shouldn't need 3 chasers for 1 capper. 1 person concentrating on killing campers - it doesn't matter how many campers, they will be effective... even if it means playing goalie to the flag. Try throwing 3 campers at our team next time we face you, we'll see what happens.

Now, I'm done. I mean no disrespect to you jesus, you just need to open your mind and look at things from a different perspective.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next