[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Ladder Results!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladder Results! 
Da Je$u$

Post Re: Ladder Results!
:violin:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:53 pm

It was actually Rad's idea to boost into the FF. We just got a tremendous kick out of it.

As for the camping, we are all well aware that no one camps in Anni. That's not because of some rule that used to be in the Anni ladders, it's because it was a stupid tactic against the players who used 5 boosts. If we were playing a team with PrepH, Rain, Kama, Mario, and Cic they would have laughed that off while capping out 8-0 or 10-0 on us. We didn't honestly think it was going to work... lol

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:55 pm
Da Je$u$

:violin:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Lol yeah week 1 was a legit match according to...everything on this forum and the schedule and all that jazz.

The scores I just wildly invented because I didn't know the team names/scores I was just giving an example of how to format it so we could easily see what teams records are.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah guys, 3 campers was a joke. I literally laughed my ass off at the computer for the entire map. We did not believe we would win, it just seemed like a fun idea and so what if we'd have to go to three maps to win it. You'll notice that on the following map, bside, we had a completely different (and actually legitimate) strategy and won if I remember correctly by an even greater margin.

As Spec said people didn't camp in Anni not because of a rule, but because it was foolish in a mod with 5 boosts.

We SOLO chased you guys on arguably the easiest map to chase, and we SOLO capped. That y'all couldn't figure out how to beat that shouldn't be a source for complaints, but shame. In the old days doing that would have gotten you raped in record time because you a.) have one capper who is self-passing in a MATCH b.) have zero chasing power.

:violin: indeed.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Meh, I did ok clearing, but whenever I actually managed to successfully defend the flag stand the cappers just weren't in position to cap. Now don't get me wrong, I don't care whatever crazy strategy you guy used, but you can't tell me that yall only used one camper in the 2nd match (I've heard several say that). Yall may have only assigned one 'official' camper but there was usually 2 or more folks sitting on our base.

And it's kinda ironic really, I asked jesus about clearing about a week before the match and he told me pretty confidently that there was no need to clear because people don't camp in anni. So we weren't prepared for anything like that. So you know, hats off to yall for the great plan, it won't work next time :P

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah, I grabbed a few times too... in fact had at least 2 nice saves just before you guys capped. I usually boosted towards enemy base to start each chase, my main goal was to fuck up second capper... legit position, you may have saw me at your base along with either rad/huntz whichever didn't have flag. That is because I was focusing on fucking up passes rather than pursuing, although I ended up pursuing a lot more as the match went on.

What do you guys expect?! Did you expect us to have zero people camping/zero people grabbing after a return? Did you expect it to be that easy? If Jesus 'expected' there to be NO camping in a ladder that brings in half renspawn players, he was mighty foolish.

IMO - It is ALOT easier to clear in annispawn than in renspawn.

a) cappers have 5 boosts and no chainguns pursuing them, thus they generally have a bit more time that they can hold onto the flag giving more time to second capper to clear than in renspawn.
b) everyone has mines, thus it isn't terribly hard spawning and mine-discing visible campers before helping out your fellow capper. If you don't know how to mind-disc, quit the mod now.
c) again cappers have 5 boosts, thus they are able to get to stand faster - allowing second capper less time to block campers from grabbing. If you are without flag as second capper and your team returns the flag or is about to, get your ass to your flag stand to cover it... disc it... ma campers before they grab. It really isn't hard.

With 3 campers - look at the odds at other positions:
YOUR team has 1 chaser pursuing them, your capper should have even MORE time to hold flag given that they should be capable of holding off at least 1-2 waves of enemy single capper.
YOUR team has '3' chasers pursuing 1 capper, the odds should be pretty decent to get returns whether the self capper is good or not.

I thought about just letting you figure it out yourselves, but here you go:

How to stop self passer using 3 chasers:
2 chasers pursue, 1 intercepts self passes. game over. DUR DUR DUR DUR There is no second capper clearing your 3rd chaser off our base, what's stopping him from just sitting there waiting for rad to pass to himself again?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 am

the douchebaggery in this thread is overwhelming

the fact that someone had the balls to say "awww it was only 2 minutes" about the FF glitch is retarded because every second counts in a match

and people are talking like you guys demolished us, it was 1-3 and 6-3 or 6-2. the only reason we lost is because we had the bright idea of not using any camper and 3 chasers. that was my first anni match, and i personally underestimated the ease of which you can be 5 boosted to and mine disced in the face among other things

chalk it up to round 1 jitters and getting acquainted with the speed of this mod - we'll see you again with different results

Mon May 02, 2011 9:44 am

I understand every second counts arenas, but I only said that because someone from your team said that it ate 8 minutes off the clock - no way in hell did it eat up half the match.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 am
Crow{OZ}

It was more like 5 minutes wasted with the ff glitch on the first map, and 2 minutes on the second map. That's 1/3rd of the first map gone from the ff glitch.

In future matches this glitch will be patched, the patch is already applied to the Legendz server.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Mon May 02, 2011 10:02 am

The patch is applied in the Anni 1.3 server.

No doubts you Arenas, you're my personal favorite opponent in this ladder. Like Troc only the postseason really matters, these regular season games are just for fun, for learning the mod, getting stuff right. I think our rematches are going to be epic.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next