[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - The Legendz Spawn Server
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The Legendz Spawn Server 
Crow{OZ}

Post The Legendz Spawn Server

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 am

Post Re: The Legendz Spawn Server
‹3

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am
Crow{OZ}

:happy-partydance:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:11 am

You rule!

I don't see why you should stress yourself out. Why don't we just use Kama's mod until after the mid-season draft? Mean while you can at your convenience work on the Legendz MOD without feeling rushed or on a deadline. In between the Ladder matches we can use the Legendz MOD to troubleshoot until you or we are satisfied and confident things are tip top?

Just a suggestion brudda. I know how tight spare time can be! :D

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:02 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Why, might I ask, should we use a mod that several people need to alter their tribes config in order to play when we have a perfectly fine config that everyone is completely okay with. I second using kamas mod until everyone is capable of using your mod. What is the difference? Really?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:39 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

What would need to change in the config to play in Legendz?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Crow, and everyone else concerned about the server, please read this carefully:

I go onto your server, running your edit, and it's a laggy unplayable mess like nothing I have ever experienced in 10 years of this game. I go onto ANY other server and have ZERO problems. I go onto your server, back when it was running Kama's edit, and it was smooth as butter. You switch back to your edit, and all the problems return. The lag spiking issue makes the game literally UNPLAYABLE, a word I never use except in the most extreme circumstances. Besides that issue, I'm sure you've heard about the flag warping, increased nr's, and other such detriments to gameplay.

Meanwhile we have a mod on standby that is 100% functional, with the correct weapons and everything, ready to go that is GUARANTEED to be 100% smooth for EVERYONE, not just those fortunate enough to either not experience these disastrously bad bugs, or simply blind to them.

Why aren't you taking this seriously? I've at least gone through the trouble of testing everything clientside that can be tested, plus ascertained Kama's edit, and gotten that to you which has all proven that the problem was in your edit. YOU saw it for yourself last Sunday when pings were stable!

One last note here. Obviously, the problem is in your edit. YOU proved this when you switched edits, so there is no point in arguing what's known. But if you are so inclined then here's a challenge: fix my Tribes. I'll send you my config, fix it. Tell me what the problem is. And you can't cry ISP here, I've tried multiple ISP's, one of them being a dedicated T3 line of higher quality than anyone here has access to. So if it's really clientside, fix my Tribes. My Tribes, which works in every server, every mod, running on a dedicated T3 line. Fix that.

I don't understand why you refuse to admit that your mod has bugs. Let me reitterate:

1.) You put up a mod, it's a buggy unplayable mess for some, not all.
2.) You switch edits to a known working copy, and EVERYONE is fine.
3.) You switch back, and we get screwed again.

Why are you going to screw over a large number of people by forcing them to play your bug-ridden mod when we have a 100% working edit?

Crow, I'm really trying to work with you here by being the voice of a large number of people who share these same concerns. I've gone so far as to pinpoint your mod as the problem, and yet you have not taken our concerns (which are based off absolute facts) seriously. If there is anything we can do to help you solve this, please let us know. We're willing. I've bent over backwards already to help relate this to you, but please don't ruin this ladder by making it unplayable for myself and so many others because you refuse to admit that your mod has a problem, despite the absolute proof shown that it does, when we have a completely working edit that we can all play on. I'm really begging you man, please work with us on this.

Last edited by Anti on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah, crow... please don't be ignorant about this. We all are happy for your mod and everything, but until it is working for ship-shape for everyone there is really no point in using it for a tournament in which so many people would be at a loss. I'm sure it works great on your computer, you're the one who created it afterall... but that isn't the same for everyone. I get extremely frustrated capping when the flag hits the ground and warps at the last second 50% of the time. I'm sure that problem is consistent with at least 75% of the communty currently.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:09 pm

Good luck with the ladder. I will not be playing.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Sun May 01, 2011 2:47 am
Crow{OZ}

I honest to god have not experinced any problems from the mod, and the only people who have are all butt buddies. We play games in it every day, and no one ever says anything about pings/nr/playerskiping/etc.

To please you though, I will start asking around, and see if there is anything else that can be improved in the mod.

Sun May 01, 2011 3:36 am
the mack.

u got alot of mufukers in red acting like lil bitches whats up wit dat crow how old are these dudes

Sun May 01, 2011 8:23 am

Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 am

Crow, some people actually play through it without speaking up. The flag warping is quite annoying, I haven't really said anything until this thread... I am sure there are others. I know arenas was complaining about the flag warp before, he's on your team. Your teams number 1 pick.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:05 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next