[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Server Monies
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Server Monies 

Post Server Monies
I wanted to open up donations for the Annihilation 1.31 Spawn Server to everyone. Donations get you admin! Admin is promptly revoked if abused. :P

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... aNonHosted

Our server is a pretty sweet deal. It's premium quality, offering the lowest average pings of probably any server in Tribes (hence everyone pinging lower in it). This is because we purchased from Branzone, who rocks shit. Argh's Duel (I believe) and the new TXM server put up by Matin are also Branzone hosted. They're really the top of the line in terms of quality as far as Tribes go, hence almost everyone pinging at least 20 lower.

It's $25.83 a month, and without donations the server will come down immediately after the ladder ends.

Feel free to ask any questions, full disclosure. :)

Sat May 21, 2011 12:08 pm
Crow{OZ}

Post Re: Server Monies
Argh's duel is hosted through art of war.

Good luck keeping your server alive.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Sat May 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I'll have to look up the list of servers hosted off Branzone, but they all ping substantially lower than Art of War.

The server will stay alive if the community is interested. I only put it up as a short term thing for the sake of the ladder, if others want to donate though then I do not mind being the one who keeps the wheels turning. If there are substantial donations I'll let everyone know that no more money is needed; any money more than the monthly cost will be rolled over to next month, and I'll never collect more than 2 months rent at a time.

I definitely do want to state that this is a community server. There is absolute transparency in the costs and in the mod we run. And we take suggestions! Like recently, a lot of people wanted first person observer, so Impulse went ahead and implemented that. We're always looking for any way we can make things better for people. Another example: the server has a weapon toggle so that the third weapon can be either blaster, nade launcher, or shotgun to accommodate whatever the community wants.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Doesn't matter to me, but jesus, Crow and myself just paid for the Legendz server. Which my team will be using for the remainder of the ladder.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:07 pm

I have no problem with that if all the strange lag issues that seemed to plague my players are fixed. I would be more than happy to play in legendz if that were the case.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:00 am
Da Je$u$

Well im with long on this one cuz im paying for the other server, my matches will be on legends server to...

Sun May 22, 2011 4:35 am
the mack.

i lag in both of u guys servers. thats all i have to say i dont have that problem anywhere else but u guys anni spawn servers and i still cant use plasma on legendz. ive looked and looked all in my config to see where the problem might be still cant figure it out. this has always happened to me and it is only on crows edits so im not sure wtf. but anyway i dont use plasma anyway unless im in arghs so its all good

Sun May 22, 2011 7:50 am

i like it when everyone lags... because we are all on the same level! haha. ftw, 220 ping.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:15 am

Here's the deal.

Nobody cares who is paying for what. That anyone gave money to one server, or to another, has nothing to do with this ladder.

This means that:
a.) Long giving money to Legendz has nothing to do with where his team should play.
b.) Crow putting his server back up has nothing to do with where the team he happens to be on plays.

I think I can speak for nearly everyone when I say that I don't give a rats ass so long as we're all playing on a quality server that functions the same for everyone. Crow's edit did not function properly for a large number of people, if that's now solved, then it's moot where we play. If not, it will need to be Anni Spawn server.

Assuming Crow's server is working now, less than 24 hours notice is not sufficient for all the people, myself included, who found his server to be unplayable to get on Tribes and make sure it's working for them before tonights matches.

Thus I propose that for tonight, we play in Anni 1.31 spawn server because we know it works for everyone. IF all things are equal, the BEST case scenario is that Crow's server now functions as well as Anni Spawn server, but has a higher ping. Let me rephrase: best case scenario, if all things are equal, Anni Spawn server pings lower.

But in the meanwhile you cannot demand that people play on a server that never worked for them before without giving people at least a day or two to try it out and see if it works. If things are fine in Crow's, I would be more than happy to play there for all FUTURE matches (not tonight) and save my money for next month's server costs.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:03 pm

OMG just stfu and play.
Here or there, it doesn't matter.

Sun May 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Last edited by TXRedneck on Sun May 22, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 22, 2011 5:10 pm

:D

Sun May 22, 2011 5:15 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sun May 22, 2011 5:29 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sun May 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Crow, best 2 posts ever. hahahahahaha

Sun May 22, 2011 5:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next