[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Server Monies
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:39 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Server Monies 
Crow{OZ}

Post Re: Server Monies

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Sun May 22, 2011 5:53 pm

I don't see what the big deal is... what is wrong with the anni spawn server? You get just as many nr's there as anywhere else and everyone is on a level playing field. It's not like all sC players have better pings, don't get nr's, etc... sounds to me like this is more of a pride thing. I don't care what server I play on, as long as there isnt constant lag, flag warping, and shit. that drives me crazy.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:03 pm

You do realize you have had 6 weeks to fix the problems in the mod right? If you had fixed the bugs, both Anti and myself would have gladly taken down our server and used Legendz. Hell we'd be saving money doing that.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:24 pm

I believe I represent the majority of the player base (and common sense) when I say this: matches ought to be played in the most stable server, with the lowest ping, that we can find. Right now that server is Anni Spawn.

The Anni Spawn server is only up right now, and I'm only wasting my own money right now, to make sure that everyone gets a fair shake. If your server can provide that fair shake, I would love to stop wasting my own money to support it.

But otherwise I'll keep providing a community server for the benefit of everyone, that will always be ran off the fastest server available running the most stable edit of the mod that we can put up. I repeat, all things equal (and they're not), my server provides the lowest pings (that is to say the best performance), which benefits the entire community.

@Crow
I know that you are passionate about your mod, and want a playground for it. I respect that, and furthermore I support it, seeing as my server is extremely temporary and when it's gone yours will be the only anni spawn server left. And I'd like to keep playing anni spawn, meaning that I really really super duperly want your server to work for everyone (especially me). Please understand that we are in NO WAY competing with your server.

I don't understand how this business of servers can be taken personally, but I feel that many are. So I say to all: chill your beans, and enjoy the best server money can buy running the most stable edit of the mod that we have available for your gaming pleasure.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:39 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sun May 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Why the hell would you market a server that works for most players but not all players when all other servers in Tribes are geared towards servicing everyone? Not to mention that the server is intended for match use.

I don't actually enjoy semi-coding the Kama's mod with my guesswork. I'm not a coder and I'm not interested in coding. I just use logic skills to fix problems that appear. I'd really rather not waste my time trying to code and be able to save the money I'm contributing to this additional server.

Last edited by impulse on Sun May 22, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:07 pm

:violin:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Why is this personal? How is us putting up a stable server disrespectful?
You should be saying thank you.

I don't know how many times I can say this: we are not competing with your server, we don't care about your server, and your server has nothing explicitly to do with this ladder.

Our server is only up to provide everyone the highest quality place to play competitive matches. When the ladder ends, so does our server. Or it will end sooner if you make your server work. I don't care to pay money for no reason.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:10 pm

One more note. You cited Matin.
Matin prefers to play in our server.

Stop taking this personally. :roll:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 pm
Crow{OZ}

Attachments:
antimatter.jpg
antimatter.jpg [ 5.01 KiB | Viewed 20659 times ]

Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 pm

I remember when you started playing in this mod, it was around when I left, tired from years of it. That pic is more than a half decade old, but I did play this game since I was 10 years old or so. Everyone was young at some point in their life, gg. :clap:

You're getting insanely personal, nobody else is. We're talking about providing the best server possible for the ladder. Chill pill.

Let me offer one final question: let's say we all agree that your server works. Okay. So at best, both servers work, but ours performs significantly better (lower pings). Why wouldn't we play the important, competitive ladder matches in the better performing server? That just makes no sense, even if we assumed your mod does work.

Last edited by Anti on Sun May 22, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:43 pm

There are lines that can be crossed even over the internet.

Anti never attacked you personally, Crow. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I appreciate the work you put into your server that you host. There are only a few kinks that need to be worked out still. That's the extent of this argument. I think it is in poor taste to bring things beyond that point.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:50 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sun May 22, 2011 9:40 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2