[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Best of 3?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Best of 3? 

Post Best of 3?
Dodge!?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Post Re: Best of 3?
hmmmmmmmmm :|

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:43 pm

This is my interpretation of the situation. I am pretty sure that it is accurate.

In the ss above you can see Long saying "lets do best of 3." What's interesting is that ALL matches are best of 3. Every single match in the ladder has been decided by who wins the best of 3. When long said "lets do best of 3," ambiguity was created.

Long meant it as "okay lets just do best of 3 anyways even though Jesus forfeited the first match since he was at the hospital."

Jesus interpreted it as "okay he means best of 3 starting NOW (after the "forfeited" map) because that only makes sense considering how ALL matches are best of three. Why else would he say it?"

I don't think that anybody is exactly right or wrong in this situation. This is just a case of miscommunication.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 pm

You're right impulse, but I can't remember forfeiting any match. I remember we were about too but omega showed up, and aren't 2v5s allowed?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 pm

our AIM convo where I reached out to jesus & Omega.

(Jesus & I)
"Paul Ellis 6:04 pm
dude match time

Auto-response: krismes652 is mobile 6:04 pm

Text message sent. Learn more
krismes652 (KrisMes652) is mobile 6:06 pm
krismes652 6:06 pm
Sorry im leavin the hospital. Tell arenas to take over

Paul Ellis 6:07 pm
arenas isn't here only Bronze

krismes652 6:08 pm
Sorry family more important man

Paul Ellis 6:09 pm
trying to get your peeps got omega

krismes652 6:09 pm
If you give me 30 mins ill be home

Paul Ellis 6:10 pm
it's play offs bruh lemme see what i can do

krismes652 6:13 pm
Sorry man little girl got hurt. Tell omega to play first map. Ill be there for second

Paul Ellis 6:18 pm
got ya covered bro
hope she's ok

krismes652 6:18 pm
Im pullin in to my garage now
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Omega & I)

Paul Ellis 6:07 pm
dude match time
Anni ladder play off

Omega 6:08 pm
horrible timing
im bout to get my %^&# sucked

hahaha yall are about to forfeit yall are short

Omega 6:09 pm
hmm

i'll let you know in a sec

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so look at the times and read what the convo said. How am I really wrong here in either case?

Even in the SS where I publicly said "lets do best of 3"! Maybe I should have done nothing and not contacted anyone and we wouldn't have this issue.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 pm

I wasnt able to play but for like 5 min, i was having a house warming party and it extended past its scheduled time. Im not sure what happened with my team, can someone fill me in?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:44 pm

I also showed late, apparently it was cancelled.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm
Da Je$u$

long said even after that he meant 3 maps against us. Then once his team realized this after the second map when it was 1-1. They start whinning and then long changed his mind. Im sorry i was going off wat the capt said and he said best of 3. Sorry he changed his mind after the second map my team.

And to bring up, there were 2 players that showed for first map and yet still forfeited the map from wat im told. And long is the one who said we forfeited it. I dont see in my txt where i said anything about thought. So looks like we get the short end of this stick.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:28 pm
the mack.

yall forfieted bro we gave u the time and u couldnt come up with the players. i had to go do sum stuff so i left.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:29 pm

"WE" did not forfeit your team forfeit for us, idk who gave the opposite teams permission to call the shots but fuck, i was there and bronze was there i would have played 2vwhatever idc.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 pm
Da Je$u$

I lost interest after this. I dont care anymore. Wat your saying is the total opposite of wat i heard.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 am

What a shame!

So be it.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:29 am

so if our team shows up late during finals or whatever... its ok? :dance: i honestly might be late that day... lol.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:02 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next