[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Sobriety
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Sobriety 
the mack.

Post Sobriety
Hey bros.

I just wanted to let you guys know on June the 8th I checked myself into a Rehab facility. I wont go into the details but lets just say I was on the verge of either

A. Going back to prison
B. Ending up dead

I made the decision to check myself into a 12,000 dollar program from which I received for free thanks to the grace of God.

The first few days were horrible... I was in detox and stayed there for about 4 or 5 days while they winged me off the drugs I was taking. From there I stayed in the program and found out my insurance had fallen through. My counselor hooked me up with one of the best Sober living houses in Houston and I was granted a 30 day scholarship in the program. Since then I have had my ups and downs. The 3 weeks has been the longest I have ever endured in my life. But again by the grace of God I earned myself a position within the House as a maintenance man where I will receive free housing/food/etc. I truly believe this is my last chance and I am trying my hardest everyday to stay sober. One thing I have learned is to take this shit one day at a time. I still have my days but the guys here are awesome and without them I would probably be back on the streets. I tried to leave 2 or 3 times and these guys just wouldn't give up on me. These guys have become my family.

There were nights when I would cry myself to sleep. I remember the 1st day I attended my AA meeting... the whole meeting I could not stop crying. I truly wanted to die. I felt like I had nothing to live for. My life had become an empty hole which I tried to fill with drugs and alcohol. There was no meaning and there were times when I would take as many pills as I could and drink as much as I could hoping I would not wake up the next day. Through all this I endured. I am now 3 weeks sober and next week I will officially be 1 month sober and will be picking up my 30 day chip. For some that know me this is a big thing for me. I have not been 1 month sober in over 10 years. I truly believe that without God and without the support I have received the past few weeks I would not be alive talking to you guys now. I just wanted to let you guys know I love you all and pray for you all every day. I hope all is well and hope for the best. Tribes has been my escape for years. I want to thank some of you who have helped me get through some hard times in my life. You know who you are. Those that are going through something remember to pray and just take it 1 day at a time. If I can get through it you can too. I love you all and this is coming from the bottom of my heart. I hope to one day be on the battlefield with you again. But right now I am concentrating on getting my life together.

I wish for the best and I hope you guys are doing well.

God bless

`Tree

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 pm
The Angel of Death

Post Re: Sobriety
:clap:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:11 pm

We are here for you tree! Good fucking job on making it this far! The hard part is done, now its just maintaining. And remember, Dont let your past define who you are now. You are in control of your life! If you need anything, PM me and I'll do what i can to help.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:24 pm

hope you the best shane, you know were always here if you need anything.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:24 am

I'll tell you what my prayers for you have been answered :) Keep it up man, love ya

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:05 pm

I wish you the best of luck evil.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Good luck, Tree. You're like a brother to me. =(

Tribes Ascend: Cat3000

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:14 pm

Best of luck Shane, I know that some times it will be hard, and you will want to go back, but stay strong. I know it has probably been said to you before, but find a hobby, it is easier to avoid slipping back if you have something else you enjoy doing. Also have friends that will support you, and keep them with you and be open and honest with them. We're all here too, but having people in-person is better. God bless. I'm praying for you.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 am
the mack.

Thank you medik and thank you all. It really means a lot. Love you guys

God bless

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 pm

If you haven't seen the John Cheese going sober vids...aka the hellish descent and then recovery of a case-a-day drinker, I recommend them. I'm clean myself but I watched them... it takes a lot of strength to do what you are doing.

Well dong!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:56 pm
Crow{OZ}

This is good to see bro.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:27 am
Da Je$u$

sorry late to see this, but im really proud of you shane. You know im here if you ever need anything man.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]