[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Boycott online pass games...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Boycott online pass games... 
el pwno loco

Post Boycott online pass games...
Here is a list of games that require online passes. Say no to online passes. Do not buy games that require online passes. Do not play games that require online passes. Instead of including the content with the games the companies decide to punish the game players for selling and returning their games. We all should have the choice of what profile we wish to play from and if that game gets old or boring to us we should have the right to share it with fellow gamers who want to play the same content for a fraction of the price. These companies are getting greedy. What interests me the most is that most of these companies are EA games and THQ and Franchise related sports games.

Stop supporting the companies, don't buy these games.

007 Legends
Assassin’s Creed 3
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
Battlefield 3, 2
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2
Darksiders 2
Dead or Alive 5
Dead Space 3, 2
DiRT3
Dirt Showdown
Dragon Age 2
Driver: San Francisco
EA Sports MMA
F1 2012, 2011
Far Cry 3
FEAR 3
Fifa 13, 12, 11
Fifa Street
Fight Night Champion
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Grand Slam Tennis 2
Homefront
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Little Big Planet (Vita)
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Madden NFL 13, 12, 11
Mass Effect 3
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Warfighter
MLB 12: The Show
Mortal Kombat
NBA Elite 11
NCAA Football 13, 12, 11
Ninja Gaiden 3
Need for Speed (Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted, The Run, Shift 2)
NHL 13, 12, 11
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Reality Fighters (Vita)
Resistance 3
Resistance Burning Skies (Vita)
Skate 3
Saints Row the 3rd
Sleeping Dogs
Socom Fireteam Bravo 3
Socom 4
SSX
Syndicate
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, 12, 11
Twisted Metal (PS3)
UFC 2010 Undisputed
Uncharted 3
Unit 13 (Vita)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Wipeout 2048 (Vita)
WWE ’12
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011

Br Server list --> http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/master/tri ... 5.14:28001

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Boycott online pass games...
But we love Fifa :'(

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:17 pm
el pwno loco

lol fifa. Check this shit out...

This is the kind of shady shit EA does to their gamers.

now tell me that's not fucked up?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
R.I.P. [NHOP]

so basically we cant play any fun games. and striker if your on ps3 add me ill wreck you in fifa ;)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Eh, Idgaf about Wii lmao. I didn't buy FIFA 12 or 13 either. I'm waiting for 14 to come out cuz they're supposed to be updating the player collision engines and stuff.

@Tigga: I currently don't have my PS3 :'( Or FIFA for PS3. I play on PC (And don't ask me how it runs on my laptop I have no clue but it's awesome xD).

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 pm
el pwno loco

There are plenty of "fun" games that are out there that don't require you to use an online pass. I'm simply saying stop allowing these companies to punish players for getting the game at a discounted price.

If the game didn't get boring after a while would you want to sell it anyway?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Crow{OZ}

Anti piracy maybe? computer games have been doing this for the past decade lol.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:42 pm
el pwno loco

this is different than a CD key. Online passes are just the companies getting greedy with their product. They don't like their games being sold for resale because they get no profit from it being sold again, only the game shops do. So they make someone buy a online pass for the game to generate more revenue. Sometimes its 10$ sometimes its 20$ and for newer games it can be up to 40$. Call of Duty has always catered to their player base and its a big reason why they are one of the most popular PC and Console FPS games.

imagine this. You saw a commercial for a game. and the game was selling for 59.99 but you saw a pre used one and it was for 45.99 so you buy it and when you get to your house you can't play online because you need to buy an online pass. So you look online for this pass and find out its 20$ so you timidly cough up the bread plus the money you spent getting from point a to point b.

So here you are with a game of less quality than a brand new version and you nearly spent a few bucks more on it than a fresh one. Its the perfect con.

Don't even get me started on the whole pre-ordering games bullshit. That is one of the biggest fucking scams.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Crow{OZ}

Hippies, I sometimes think they live under trees.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm
el pwno loco

I just think its wrong...

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Crow{OZ}

This is the 21st century. Most people burn games for console, or put it on a flash drive with some of the newer software. At least some of these games can still make money to play online though. I support it 100%.

Just buy the game new and get a pass with it, or buy it used and buy a "cd key" to play online. Could be the cheaper route to go.

The plan you posted here makes perfect sense to me. I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner with how easy it's been to mod consoles to play burned games.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 pm
el pwno loco

I'm just upset that saints row 3 wants me to buy an online pass instead of just giving me one, even tho i legit bought the game used. I bought black ops 1 used. My friend actually traded a bunch of his games for store credits and bought black ops 2 with no money.

after I found out saints row 3 did this. I went and looked up a bunch of other game companies that did it too. I was really disappointed.

The excuse is obviously to deter pirating and bootlegging of video games. However the fact that money is involved reveals a shadier side to these companies. The concept was intended to stop illegal reproduction of the games, however it seems as tho they wanted to make some extra money on the side exploiting the users lack of awareness of these sort of problems.

In other words; you just bought a used game. you send it back you're not gonna get the same amount back. You keep it and you can't play online until you cough up another 25$ Obviously you're gonna keep it and cough up the bread. So all in all you just spent 45$ to reach the full content of the game, when you could or should have just spent 50$ or 60$ to have it working right out of the case.

I just think its too much bullshit.
I'm glad Infinity Ward and Treyarch have never done that to me.

Much respect to the companies that stay true to the gamers.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]