[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - Configuration help?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Configuration help? 
el pwno loco

Post Configuration help?
So I'm currently in software mode atm, but I'm pretty sure I can run openGL as well. However I get really bad frames, and I was wondering if there would be a way that I can run hudbot without its huds. Also a list of hudbot related preferences would help a lot as well.

I only use hudbot for backwards and forward mouse wheel change.

Also would it be possible to optimize openGL purely for performance. Graphics don't really mean much to me.

fyi I'm using 1.11

Br Server list --> http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/master/tri ... 5.14:28001

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:53 am
Profile WWW
Crow{OZ}

Post Re: Configuration help?
Not really. OpenGL runs Tribes in a 3d accelerated mode, you would need a card with good 3d support to even try to tweak it. Even then all your tweaks for the game would be in your GPU settings, and not so much in tribes. The best you could do, is use the mem.dll for mouse wheel scroll, and get a hud that maps the Command map to your play.gui (your game page screen). Like you could run Tribes in OGL, but then you run into the problems with frames, which is where the 3d hardware/software comes into play.

Your best bet is that hud, which if I recall, either writer or cowboy made one loooong ago. Of course the one they made had a few issues from what I remember, but that would still be the best place to start. The issues with their script could be fixed if you locate the issues and see what mods you could make to your personal tribes to correct them. Could be a scrap hud, but still worth a try. Not sure if the site is still up that hosted them, but I think it was planet tribes or one of them type of sties. Google will be your friend in this search.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:05 am
el pwno loco

Post Re: Configuration help?
I don't really care about the hud. I can live without it. In fact I see it more of a cheat than anything else. Hitting comander screen doesn't bother me. I'm just sick of flag crashing and crashing in general.

There are all these settings related to openGL and textures inside of clientpref.cs I've yet to tap into what they do.

Br Server list --> http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/master/tri ... 5.14:28001

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]