[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - General network and performance disambiguation. *must read*
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
General network and performance disambiguation. *must read* 
el pwno loco

Post General network and performance disambiguation. *must read*
DISCLAIMER: Everyone uses this shit, they just don't fucking know it or they're too stupid to realize it. Also Shut the fuck up if you're coming in here just saying "hax" or "yeah but" whatever naysayer may say. You're a fucking tool because you know you are, Nobody likes you and no one fucks with you. You're a little baby if you have a problem with any of this so hop off my dick. I'm trying to help you n00bs smoothen the overall performance of your fucking tribes. You shut your stupid face when I'm fucking telling you something. You shut it and you fucking listen to what the fuck I've got to say. Or, you can shut the fuck up and get the fuck out. You got two options you little cock sucker. Its gonna be a real long ride if you don't cut the shit.

Moving on...

These are some very basic codes you can paste into the tribes configuration. Go to Tribes-->config. Look for the file labeled autoexec.cs This file is actually a script itself that loads up otherscripts. If you're one of those people that is "scriptless" you're a moron. Anyway, you can paste these codes into there and it should load up every time you start tribes.

Interior light update is how many times a texture displays lighting effects in milliseconds. Its set to 16 by default. I set it to 20 because that just gives me a bit of frame rate boost. It could be placebo. Fuck off.
$pref::interiorLightUpdateMS = "20";

80% of no registers are misses. What your tribes and you perceive as a explosion or a shockwave is actually a projectile or projectile data passing OVER or AHEAD or BEHIND a player. The Tribes client doesn't know how to handle this and says "welp it look like a hit to me" this option keeps your tribes and you out of denial. Some say it doesn't do shit. But I think it does. I could be an idiot and a victim to an elaborate conspiracy by trolls.
$pref::clientSideExplosions = "False";

Stop using the old Q button and shift Q you dinosaur. Start using this for a mouse wheel weapon switch.
bindCommand(mouse0, zaxis0, TO, "nextWeapon();");
bindCommand(mouse0, zaxis1, TO, "prevWeapon();");

Note: the zaxis bind commands wont work unless you're using 1.40 or 1.11/1.30 with hudbot mem.dll the mem.dll will load in software however it will not render huds unless you use the openGL based rendering.

n00bs actually think disabling this helps. It does not. Just because your frame rate is higher doesn't mean its good. There's a bit of science behind it that I'm sure you can comprehend. The human eye only process' about 100 frames per second. So getting anything above 100 fps is utterly and ridiculously redundant. What Vsync does is post process frames in a certain pattern to wear it syncs the frames at the same time into the given set of updated visual data. For the rest of you retards, this means that the screen will tear the images when you move side to side. Tearing occurs when you decide to fuck with the rhythm of the displayed visual data. So each frame is being spammed at your visual receiver aka monitor. Either tribes or your graphics card options will be updating this information at a very unpredictable pace. Vsync caps that visual data @ 60.11 frames a second. On graphic cards you can cap the frame rates at custom or desired levels.
$pref::waitForVSync="True";

$net::InterpolateTime = "66";
People lag hardcore. You can increase the time a player object is refreshed and displayed by tribes in milliseconds. Btw I'm very sure tribes 1.40 does this for you based on your ping. Meaning it too does not stay synced at all times with the client. Unless your ping is in sync with the server. I'll get into that later...
66 is my current setting, but I've set this to 96 on my old 1.40 config. It just seemed more fluid, tho I got sick of it being too floaty and perceptually bloated I put it down to 72. 64 is the default. but 96 is smooth. VERY SMOOTH. 1.40 is different in its own sort of way.

$net::predictforwardtime = 64;
This is what I normally use, but since everyone plays on branzone servers now, I've slowly adjusted it down to 32. I would completely miss sometimes on nicer servers. on servers pinging above 120+ i'd recommend 64 or 128. 128 if you're getting really bad trigger lag. Even the math of the numbers makes a bit of a difference. This increases the updated prediction of the clients perceived objects. Meaning when you sync the settings with your ping. It is like having no ping whatsoever. Call it ping hax or whatever, but I encourage everyone to use it. No one wants to relearn how to aim from server to server. Average out a number of the servers that you ping in. then just give it that number as the prediction value. Shouldn't exceed 128. But anything past that will just fuck up your aim entirely.

Note: predictforwardtime and interpolatetime (terp, pft) are revoked in 1.30
This was probably meant to force "legitimacy" upon other players when it was no ones place to decide. Because everyone's connection is different and varying. Nobody likes that. That is why everyone likes using 1.40
In fact, if you look inside some of the volumes located in base. you will notice gui buttons that say things like "interpolate" ect. It was one of the things that was meant to be built into tribes but the developers never got around to fully implementing it. I assume it was for the player to define not them.

NOW for syncing your client connection to the server connection. Meaning how to get the most out of your ping. Most people have cable or ethernet routers in their homes. Since tribes was made in like, 98 or something. Its a pretty old game. People were just beginning to tap into the potential of internet connections. So when you clicked on T1+ that little plus sign meant that tribes was flexible enough to accept even more incoming packets and larger packet sizes. On the Tribes OPTIONS tab button, it only sets it to 15 packet rate and 400 packet size. However the maximum size and rate is 30 and 500.
$pref::PacketRate = "30";
$pref::PacketSize = "500";

You can change the sensitivity threshold of tribes. by combining certain levels of field of view (fov) and mouse sensitivity. Field of view actually changes mouse sensitivity. defualt fov is at 90. This is very slow and things are a little larger. Less area is perceived by the client. Then the higher you go the smaller and shorter things get. they are being drawn at a perceptually farther distance. Though they cannot be moved or shifted. It basically stretches or thins out the view based on what your human eye would render as appropriate for your monitors resolution.
$pref::playerfov = "107";

The terrain warping bug was actually a stability option. It was allow your tribes client to cause less stress on your graphics processing unit (GPU). hehe I said unit. Anyway, the default is 30. When you set it to 1; it completely removes the warping effect and induces more stress onto your processor. This can cause low cards to overheat or even cause drop in frame rates. Its basically processing everything you're seeing zoomed in while not actually being zoomed in. Meaning every single terrain corner that is there is now being rendered and processed. Works wonderfully on really nice graphics cards. 1.40 had this fix built in. But if you're using openGL 1.30 or 1.11 you can do it with this
$pref::screenSize = "1";
Note: I think turning to zero(0) would work too. Or it might not. idk. try 1 and your terrain will never warp again.

Br Server list --> http://www.maxogc.net/tribes/master/tri ... 5.14:28001

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: General network and performance disambiguation. *must read*
This had very little to do with configuring my NVIDIA graphics card for opengl performance.

Offtopic banhammer? Nah... Good read.

Thanks dude! :D

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:55 pm

And I love the authority of the disclaimer.

I wish I could write like that in my corporate emails lmfao... that'd be awesome...

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 pm
el pwno loco

you can. just no expletives

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:17 pm
Profile WWW

Not drunk enough to read all that.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Hax

Good post

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:38 pm
Crow{OZ}

Reminds me of this...

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665481

:lol:

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:31 pm
el pwno loco

yeah kind of. I'm looking to evening out the playing field a bit.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

^^ Interesting approach to the community issue.

I find it funny how in so many FPS games they have HM-like arrangements (or in some cases, exactly like HM, or wall-hacks), but in our old ass game, it's illegal.

But that fact supports Shift's approach. Is it really cheating if EVERYONE has happymod and is using it? Is it really cheating if every single player has no more of an advantage over another, just as in other games?

On the other hand, those games don't have things that cause instant death at the release (or push) of a mouse clicker (Particle beam or rail gun respectively) from halfway accross the map or more. To that point, it makes getting out of the base, or doing anything really "challenging" and frustrating. So, is it really the cheat that's the issue, or is it the mod? Well, that's really a debate of morals at this point, and is otherwise pointless to continue bantering on about it, considering the scope of the T1 community anymore.

From another perspective, the items that Shift presents here does not necessarily allow the instantaneous location and near-instantaneous death associated with Tribes' most lethal weapons (PB, Railguns, Laser rifles, etc.... Notice how these are all sniper-like weapons that are all under scrutiny and that cause most of the players' complaints...) That being stated, and the fact that these options are configurable by all, are now on public display for "everyone" to use, it should not be considered an unfair advantage at this point in Tribes. Furthermore, considering that most people that remain in the T1 community (with the sheer unlikeliness that new ones will be arriving anytime soon), or the old veterans meekly returning, the fact of the matter is that if you're not staying up to speed with what your Tribes can do for you, then it's technically your loss. The only disadvantage you've caused is the disadvantage you've caused for yourself by your own apathy, or choice.

There's my few cents worth on the matter...

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:54 pm
Da Je$u$

ya see that is why the TROC community strived so good. Nothing was forced, it was just fun games of spawn CTF. And half the time, some of the players didnt even use HM, just HF. I know towards the last tourney there was I didnt use it. It added a nice challenge to the game, and with the small maps plus 3 boost it wasnt needed. Good times though

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:54 am
el pwno loco

yeah I actually played troc without hm for a while. The hf was just kind of like that thing to do since it was just more fun with it. Kind of like the football team skins for football mod.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:55 am
Profile WWW

Football teams was cosmetic and did nothing for ease of play.

Better comparison is third person crossfire mod which did exactly as it said. Did it make it easier to play? Debatable. Did it cause contention? Maybe earlier on.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]