[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - {OZ} History
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
{OZ} History 
Founder

Post {OZ} History
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Hey bros... just wanted to say hi and tell you that some of us old-timers will be back soon. SCARECROW found these forums and let me know you guys were still alive and kickin it. Me and SCARE are over in Iraq dodging missles and playing real life Tribes but without boosts or brakes.

I'll be coming home late Sept or early Oct and plan on getting a new server online shortly thereafter. Now I see you guys play new mods so please don't take offense when this old man continues right along with the fast and furious VXO that we all know and love. I also understand that SCARECROW, Tinman, and Dorothy will be fragging along with me. Even Tinman Jr. has got some skillz. I miss flying and fragging and spamming my 5150 pack so I've got to rev it up one more time.

I've seen posts on here about OZ orgins and originators and such and would like to set the story straight...

{OZ} came to be in Sept 2000 as the result of brainstorming about starting a new clan concept by me, at the time I was Voodoo{4KU}, my oldest son, Rich, who was [MTW]Roach, and my youngest son, Lew who was playing simply as SCARECROW. The OZ concept came about because of Lew's name which he had used for years. OZ was different because we didn't compete, we were actually tired of all the BS that came from competition. We were a refuge from all the clans that were competing all the time. OZ was all about playing other OZzies and having fun with honor and respect. Shortly after we started playing on the Emerald City, Lion and Twister joined us and we were 5.
Munchkin was next and during that time a fellow {4KU} player buddy of mine started coming on and kicking everyone's ass... He soon became WICKED{OZ}.
Tinman's wife even joined the act right after that and became Dorothy. It grew from there and at one time there was over 40 active OZzies on our roster.
At one time I think everyone playing UR was in or wanted to be in OZ.

Our mod was courtesy of [MTW]Nimec who developed VXU and gave it to us. He later became Glenda{OZ} and ran our forums and help run things in general.
The last version was known as VXO. For those who do not know this is an ultra renegades mod and the fastest mod in tribes with boosts and brakes.
After I get back and find the old files I will make available the orginal rosters that have the OZ names and the other Tribes names.

All the original OZzies drifted away in 2004/2005 and WICKED asked to carry on the legend because he, like the rest of us, could never actually be anyone else in this game. To those of you in OZ you are in one of the oldest still functioning clans that has ever been in Tribes.

I really appreciate Tree making us feel welcome. It will be good to be flying and fragging once more.
Take care my brothers & sisters and I'll see you soon.

Wizard of OZ

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:26 am

I would just like to follow up with a few things.

1. I want to say hi to all of the old {OZ}, my friends, you have been missed.
2. To all the new OZzies, I do not know you but I cannot wait to frag / kick some ass and get to know all of you better.

SCARECROW{OZ}

Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:34 am

Awsome good to see your back wiz an scarecrow

can't wait to fight along side ya

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:55 am
the mack.

Glad to see you back guys. Welcome home and I wish you boys luck over there in Iraq. Make it home safe, cant wait to see you guys!

[MTW] DeadPimp / EvilTree{OZ}

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:38 am
the mack.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:44 am
[TL]^Destiny

Glad to see OZ back and ready to kick ass.

Hope you guys make it back from Iraq safely.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Crow{OZ}

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:28 pm
Death

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:09 pm
the mack.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 pm

haha sup This original badapple here still living in houston man but im offshore on an oil rig right now working my ass off making moneyyyyyy , be safe come back home!

Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:17 pm
Crow{OZ}

do you get inernet on the oil rig?

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:40 pm

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:46 pm
Crow{OZ}

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:59 pm
Crow{OZ}

badass man what did you do with your old truck and im driving a van atm lol