[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - XP > Vista
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
XP > Vista 
Crow{OZ}

Post XP > Vista

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:18 pm
Crow{OZ}

ya well that shit blew fucking nuts lol i deleted vista and now i have xp with crapy ass colors and no drivers for internet and other things lol im dling a new xp black or someshit right now hopefully that works

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:03 pm

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:47 pm
Crow{OZ}

haha hell ya it is all fixed now man i just installed the last of the drivers and it runs SOOOOOO much better like my cpu never even goes about 5 lol and it cleared up a whole gig of space so now im running 2.5 gigs of avaliable ram where as in vista i was only running like 1.5 lol out of 3

Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:47 am
Crow{OZ}

Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:48 am

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 am

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:07 pm
Crow{OZ}

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 pm
Crow{OZ}

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:11 pm

1) Software incompatiblities run rampant.
2) GUI is gaudy.
3) Too many security checks.
4) I dont like with the file system the OS utilizes.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:29 pm

LMAO none of that was true or made sense..

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Software incompatibilities are listed here.

http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5175

The GUI is gaudy, and thats my personal oppinon, I dont give a fuck what you think about it. Hopefully that's clear enough english for you.

Heres an address detailing support on Vista security bypasses.

http://lifehacker.com/5016951/how-to-ma ... s-annoying

Heres more reports detailing the over-protective security protocols affecting user performance....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/129126/t ... vista.html
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Can-M ... -Annoying/
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ork-share/

Heres another web address i'd like to mention. http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/03/16/ ... ifications
It acknowledges that Vista is annoying and even shows you how to turn it off. The fact that this feature is available ultimately implies that microsoft knew there were an abundance of security protocals on the software which might hinder performance. EVEN MICROSOFT KNEW! :roll:

My personal experience with this is when I tried to edit the registry and it wouldnt let me.

I also don't like the OS file organization, only because of personal favoritism to the traditional windows organization. They say its easier to find your stuff, but anybody who knew anything about windows knows the traditional system like the back of their hand, and I personally do not feel that something which is working should be fixed.

Now...thats my "clarified" oppinion.

The way I see it right now you have only defended your stance with only your oppinion and your experiences. Your oppinion and your experiences are null and void as recommendations because they do not exemplify a wide range of circumstances. It is far too limited of a scope.

If you wanna start a flaming and pissing contest about which is better, then your posts should be declared as spam unless you got some references or sources to credit your balls-to-the-wall recommendations.

/thread

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:12 pm
Crow{OZ}

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next